Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting property in Phoenix Park Race Course?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,
    Can anyone give me advice on renting in the Pheonix Park Race Course? Would you recommend? Any issues to take into consideration? How much for rent? Seems all asking around 1,000-1,100 but is this open to negotiation? More than likely will be for 12 month lease but want a break clause any recommendations on this? Have never rented before and have a young daughter to consider so security & location are NB.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Do you have a reason to be looking in that area? I didn't live in the development, but did live in Ashtown for 2 years.

I don't really see the appeal of the place to be honest, bar being close to the Phoenix Park. Average transport links, fairly high density living. I've had a read of the neighbours.ie forum but it seems fairly quiet. I had a walk around the development some time back and it just struck me as being like many developments - no soul and very empty.

Being Irish apartments of the era they are I'd be wary of the level of soundproofing.

I would never go back to living in apartments in larger developments, particularly with a child. But that's a decision for you to make. As for the rents: everything is negotiable. Your break clause may be more of an issue though, all you can do is ask.

Maybe there are some residents of the development knocking around the Dublin 15 forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

A lot of the units still owned by teh developer so think rents would be negotiable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

some of that development is an abandoned building site - looks awful when traveling on the 37 bus heading into town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 queenofheart

:)Thanks all for spending the time to reply.

Advertisement