Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

im upgrading to nex xbox - QUESTION

• 05-07-2010 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I’m taking the plunge sick of that noise Hoover .

i don’t think many of the game shops are keen on doing profile transfers.

I have me a 8 gig stick...

What do I need to do in order to have my profile and saves on my new xbox.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

The 8GB USB is plenty for game saves. You put the usb into you old xbox and then it'll format it for use with the 360. Then it's just a case of ticking the content you want transfered.

You just recover your Gamertag from live when you get the new xbox then put the usb stick in and transfer you game saves over.

Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Batesy wrote: »
    The 8GB USB is plenty for game saves. You put the usb into you old xbox and then it'll format it for use with the 360. Then it's just a case of ticking the content you want transfered.

You just recover your Gamertag from live when you get the new xbox then put the usb stick in and transfer you game saves over.

Simples.

cheers.

how do i recover the gamer tag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

rather than starting another transfer thread.....

Can I just copy over DLC from the old console to the new one using USB ? I also have paid for the Rockband 1 song list to be used in RB2 can this just be transfered again ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You will need to transfer the licencses as well.

Go to xbox.com/drm and that will let you transfer the licenses to your new console as long as it's connected to live (silver or gold)

You can then transfer the content using the USB method above or download it again from your download history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

NB I didn't go to any of the hassle of going to the Xbox website and it worked out fine. Just plugged in my drive, transferred the data and that was that. Once the Xbox logged into Live and I tried any game, my saves and licences were back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Jev/N wrote: »
    NB I didn't go to any of the hassle of going to the Xbox website and it worked out fine. Just plugged in my drive, transferred the data and that was that. Once the Xbox logged into Live and I tried any game, my saves and licences were back
    Can you access your old XBLA games when you're offline?
    They should be trials when that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Jev/N wrote: »

The licences havn't transferred in that case. The games will with the profile that downloaded them as long as it's connected to xbox live.

If your console is dissconnected or you try to play those games on another profile then they will only be trials.

It depends on how you use the games and content I guess but iirc it takes less then 5 minutes to do the transfer so it's worth for the extra flexibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Thanks for that, so I can just back up my old data and wipe the HDD as I am selling it on before I get cash for the Slim. Then copy the data back to the new box and do the DRM business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭torrestorres

thinking up getting one of these new xbox slim myself, hope its easy to import PES Option files (PS3 was easy towards the Xbox360 Old Model) or was i missing something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement