Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitty died :(

Options
  • 05-07-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Just having a very bad day today, my kitty of 6yrs was killed in an accident. Am just devastated, cant stop crying. Vet could not save him, was too bad of an injury....
    Have my other cats to console me, but this cat had a special part in my heart, and am just so devastated.... sorry but had to tell someone, would feel like a twit ringing friends crying over a cat :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Aww I'm so sorry about your cat!! Mine will be dead a year tomorrow - he was 6 too! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Teclo

Aww, 6 is of course far too young, but so many kittens don't make it beyond 6 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

You should not feel embarrassed about being upset over losing your cat - he was your friend and your pet. If you loved him it is natural to be upset and anyone who thinks different is not in touch with reality.
    You should be proud of yourself for your warm and caring nature:)
    I hope the little guy did not suffer in any way. I lost my 15 years old cat two and a half years ago and I still cry for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

cats become a huge part of your life like family , the grief of loosing a pet is little different than loosing a family member , dont feel a twit to ring your friends, if they dont understand it means that they arnt good friends . if i lost my cat footie i would be in bits. so sorry for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Just having a very bad day today, my kitty of 6yrs was killed in an accident. Am just devastated, cant stop crying. Vet could not save him, was too bad of an injury....
    Have my other cats to console me, but this cat had a special part in my heart, and am just so devastated.... sorry but had to tell someone, would feel like a twit ringing friends crying over a cat :(

Some of us here have been through similar, if you wish your more than welcomed to PM me for a chat.

I've been there myself and can understand fully how your feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

if you wish your more than welcomed to PM me for a chat.
    Thats so nice of ya

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I'm so sorry :(

It's been almost a year since I had to put Jasper down because of feline AIDS and while the pain lessens it's always there, just like a family member. Just like you, though we have other cats, he was so special. I remember the good times we had with great fondness. I hope you will remember those moments you had with your cat and give it time.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I'm so sorry for your loss. Its a devestating thing to happen and when its unexpected it makes it so much harder. There's no shame in crying over a loved pet, they are part of our families and deserved to be mourned.
    I know it doesnt feel like it now, but it does get a bit easier and you will look back at all the good times you had and the quirky things he did and be able to smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Sorry to hear OP. It's never easy to get over the death of a beloved pet like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'm so sorry for your loss, it is so heartbreaking when it happens suddenly like this...:(

As has been said, you just have to remember all of the good times you spent together... It will be hard, but I'm sure your friends will be supportive if you need someone to talk to/a shoulder to cry on (they're rubbish friends if not!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Oh god you poor thing. So, so sorry. Don't feel anyway silly for being upset. As everyone else here has said, the cat was part of your family, its a huge loss. Hope you feel a bit better today.
    A friend of mine at work had her dog killed in an accident. She did not come to work that day, thought that when she came in the next day people would be laughing at her, but people were very sympathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's absolutely heartbreaking, and you should not feel silly for being upset or crying, I have been there and it was far more upsetting than non-petowners can imagine.

We love all our pets, but sometimes you can have one that's more like a friend, and it's so so heartbreaking to have something happen to them. You have all of my sympathies and a big virtual hug

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Thank you all for your lovely kind words. Means so much and i really appreciate it. It has me in tears to know so many of ye know how this feels, and i'm so sorry for your losses too.

As for my poor baby I know he did not suffer, thank god, was in shock and vet says he was not in pain. It just breaks my heart to think i'll never see him on my bed or hear his little chirps ever again. Or have him bite me to hurry up and feed him! He had such a strong personality!

Went to work today and a few people twigged i was upset one colleague was amazing and really helped me, told me its perfectly fine to cry and so i bawled! She was brilliant tho and sat with me for ages. One colleague said if it was a dog he'd understand bein upset but its only a cat. :( i just told him any pet be it a rat or a dog is still loved :(

Anyways one friend last night offered to drive cross country to be with me so thank god my friends are great i just felt so silly being devastated and was scared someone would tell me to cop on its only an animal.
    Thank you all again, your words are helping me alot today and keeping me strong x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I hope whoever that person was who said "it's only a cat" never loses something precious to him:mad: My cat was like a child to me and I will never get over losing him.
    I am really glad to hear that you have found some people who understand what you are feeling and will be feeling for a long time to come. We are all here for you at anytime if you need to get your thoughts off your chest:)

Advertisement