Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adventure hols?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey!

I've been eager to go to Oz for a long time and myself and a friend were discussing this over the last few days. we are interested in taking part in an adventure holiday package for a few weeks next summer. now we are aware a lot of time is needed to see Oz properly but this is just a mini trip shall we say. leave the real exploring until we have finished college!

has anyone been on an adventure hol in australia and have any feedback/information? we will be going in the summer months of next year hopefully so would the weather usually be poor at that time? i know this is a vague question but about how much are return flights to oz at that time of year?

any opinions/advice appreciated.......thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

malibles wrote: »
    Hey!

I've been eager to go to Oz for a long time and myself and a friend were discussing this over the last few days. we are interested in taking part in an adventure holiday package for a few weeks next summer. now we are aware a lot of time is needed to see Oz properly but this is just a mini trip shall we say. leave the real exploring until we have finished college!

has anyone been on an adventure hol in australia and have any feedback/information? we will be going in the summer months of next year hopefully so would the weather usually be poor at that time? i know this is a vague question but about how much are return flights to oz at that time of year?

any opinions/advice appreciated.......thanks :)

I did something similar last year. Went to Oz for 3 and half weeks, but planned at the time to come back later for longer (I'm heading back for a year in December :D)

I went to visit some mates in Sydney for most of the time but I went travelling for 10 days. I flew to Adelaide from Sydney and caught a tour with Adventure Tours Australia for 6 days/ 5 nights from Adelaide to Alice Springs. It was amazing. I couldnt recommend the company enough. I had a fantastic time and saw so many cool places out in the wilderness, and the bus was full (24 of us) and almost all of us were in our 20's, which made the trip great craic.

If you plan on going through the Outback then our summer (their winter) is the best time to go as it gets very hot in the desert during their summer. I did it in July and it was perfect, 25 degrees max during the day.

I stayed in Alice Springs for a few days before heading back to Sydney.

Check out their website, they have LOADS of different tours available.

I got my flights return to Sydney last year with British Airways for 990 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 malibles

Oh that all sounds great. What exactly did your adventure package include, like what activities were offered? Is much spending money required?
    The more I think about it, the more I really want to go!

€990 is about what I was estimating for flights...the length of time to fly there will kill me but I'm sure its worth it :)

Advertisement