Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping.

Options
  • 05-07-2010 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

I took a drive up the mountain last week...up past the golf club,heading in the Nire direction.I pulled in at a layby,got out for a walk,and came across a huge amount of rubbish dumped there.Its an absolute disgrace,and anyone that would do it, should hang their head in shame,but I know they wont.I know posting it here wont make a blind bit of difference,a small vent kinda.Words fail me when I come across this kind of carry on,and I know it goes on all over the county/country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I know the exact spot yo are talking about,I was up there earlier this summer and you're right it is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BOND747

Same problem in the woods around The Glen Of Aherlow, whats even more annoying is most of the stuff they dump is recyclable which is free in the area at the moment

DT100 wrote: »
    I took a drive up the mountain last week...up past the golf club,heading in the Nire direction.I pulled in at a layby,got out for a walk,and came across a huge amount of rubbish dumped there.Its an absolute disgrace,and anyone that would do it, should hang their head in shame,but I know they wont.I know posting it here wont make a blind bit of difference,a small vent kinda.Words fail me when I come across this kind of carry on,and I know it goes on all over the county/country.

I go up Carraigmaclear and the mass rock for a walk on occasion near Mullinahone/Grangemockler and same carry on. Beer cans and bags of rubbish on one occasion. A dead cows remains were there one night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

It's all over the county :(

I saw someone dumping a bag of rubbish from their car on the outskirts of a town in broad daylight, there were at least 3 other cars around and they didn't care who saw them. I took their number and reported them but I don't know if anything ever came of it.

julyjane wrote: »
    It's all over the county :(

I saw someone dumping a bag of rubbish from their car on the outskirts of a town in broad daylight, there were at least 3 other cars around and they didn't care who saw them. I took their number and reported them but I don't know if anything ever came of it.

Fair play to you for reporting anyway. meant to be serious penalties but i wonder is this country one rule for some..etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

OP i know where your on about. Its such a pity as that whole area is just plain stunning only to be ruined by idiots who are too cheap to pay to get rid of their rubbish. I mean FFS there is a bring centre in clonmel that costs just €3 per bag of rubbish and recycling is free but yet waste their petrol driving all the way up the mountains to dump it. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

Fair play to you for reporting anyway. meant to be serious penalties but i wonder is this country one rule for some..etc
    id say i t is one rule for you, another rule for me. etc. etc. and we all know who wouldnt be prosecuted. i dont have to spell it out. where i live , its a total disgrace too. down south tipp/waterfrod.

I thought of this thread when i seen this

Good news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I must make a note of that number.

Advertisement