Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Zen Touch

Options
  • 05-07-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Similar to the one shown here

http://www.dukebox.com/player/creative-zen-touch-40gb

Does anyone know how I can upload my music from my CD's onto it? I am having difficulty with Windows.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread!! But cheers for the help.

NoseyMike2010

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Similar to the one shown here

http://www.dukebox.com/player/creative-zen-touch-40gb

Does anyone know how I can upload my music from my CD's onto it? I am having difficulty with Windows.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread!! But cheers for the help.

NoseyMike2010

Oh Wow, I used to have one of those years ago! I miss it! :(

I always used Windows Media Player's Sync option to upload my music! Think you could drag and drop as well! What exactly is the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭NoseyMike2010

lol .... I found it about 3 weeks ago and really loved it years ago when I used it. Then I got the apple ipod .... that was ok but to be honest I prefer the creative. I just hate having to use itunes all the time. I prefer having my music backed up on cd!!!

The problem is when I hook it up to the computer it doesn't get read :(

Its such an awesome ipod. Its even sort of retro now!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

lol .... I found it about 3 weeks ago and really loved it years ago when I used it. Then I got the apple ipod .... that was ok but to be honest I prefer the creative. I just hate having to use itunes all the time. I prefer having my music backed up on cd!!!

The problem is when I hook it up to the computer it doesn't get read :(

Its such an awesome ipod. Its even sort of retro now!!!

God knows where mine is! I wanna find it now!

I can't help you much I'm afraid. It could just be too old to be read at this stage although that seems unlikely!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I still use mine and just drag and drop. I have never let iTunes near my computer though - perhaps that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wow, my best friend had that one way back in the day! :pac:

I had the black one with the colour screen. It was class, I loved it despite it being a brick! 30gB just wasn't enough and it was easier to get an iPod to work with the Mac!

Drag and Drop always worked for me though and Windows Media Sync option.

Did you get another cable and check if that works? It could just be a fault in the cable and that's the only way to find out really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I still use my creative zen sleek which is quite retro and does present a problem because the software will not work with my Win 7 laptop. So I can only put music on it using the home PC which has XP.

Your problems may be due to the operating system you're using.

http://ployer.com/archives/zen%20sleek.jpg

When I plug it in its not being picked up on Windows XP!!! Not sure why. I believe the connection and cable are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

you got the drivers for it?

I still have mine though the only button that works is the random button!

No drivers ... and I seem to have trouble finding suitable ones on the net. Any ideas?????

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Follow these steps when you have it connected to your pc/laptop

Go to control panel > device manager > portable devices > Creative zen > uninstall. Wait til it is removed from the list and then disconnect it. Reconnect it and windows will find the correct drivers. I had similiar problems and even computer nerd friends couldn't sort it so I asked Google for help! I know this definately works for Vista as Vista finds software itself but xp might be different as you normally need the cd it came with to re-install. Hope you get it sorted!

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-103207-my-laptop-does-not-recognize-my-mp3-player

• Advertisement
Advertisement