Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modernisation?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

Xennon wrote: »
    Eircom has no choice really sad seeing 2000 people loose there jobs.I hope they get a good package deal of Eircom,doh being unemploy is depressin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

The flipside is that they've had cushy working terms for far, far too long (particularly, the longer-term employees). It's no secret that eircom employ too many people to do too little, with massive union-led working practice inefficiencies, compared to any private telco and many incumbents too.

2,000 jobs is an awful lot of stressful homes, and worried families, but it is also needed to drag eircom in to the present (nevermind planning for the future!). That's of national interest, and our economy depends on it.

I'm sure the 2,000 will be well looked after (especially compared to their private-sector counterparts in the current economic context). I feel sorry for those that involuntarily lose their job, but the national interest supersedes my sympathy in this case, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

The only area of blame here really is on Eamon Ryan and co. who don't have a clue about communications. And of course the not forgotten mistake of selling Eircom in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

Adro947 wrote: »
    The only area of blame here really is on Eamon Ryan and co. who don't have a clue about communications. And of course the not forgotten mistake of selling Eircom in the first place.
    Dont forget the old owners of Eircom and EOTS shareholder who got millions of euro of money tax free and they never invest in the broadband leaving us years behind EU counterparts.I think Eamon Ryan live in a dream world were he believe Ireland going to be a smart economy haha nonsense .

Advertisement