Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer money from AIB to Ulster Bank account

Options
  • 05-07-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Quick question.

Is it possible to transfer money from my AIB current account to a friends Ulster Bank account?

If so, is it instant as soon as you transfer the money or is there a waiting time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

yes, it's possible.
    no, it's not instant. it will take 1-3 days in my experience.

get your friends sort code and account number. get your aib code card and login to your online banking. you can transfer from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Perfect thanks.

Pity its not instant, kind of need it to be. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭-K2-

mossy464 wrote: »
    Perfect thanks.

Pity its not instant, kind of need it to be. Ah well.

Go into AIB, withdraw the cash, walk to Ulster Bank and lodge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Anybody know if its possible to transfer cash electronically from an Ulster bank bonus save account to a Irish Nationwide building society account (I have not yet set up the Irish Nationwide account, just filled out application form and the this transfer along with another cash lodgement will open the account).

Would it be possible to withdraw say 18k from Ulster Bank in cold hard cash in one go or would I need to give a few days notice for this amount? Want to avoid being out the few days interest and paying for the bank draft too if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 naruwek

If you're transferring money from an AIB to AIB account on a Saturday online is the transaction instantaneous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

naruwek wrote: »
    If you're transferring money from an AIB to AIB account on a Saturday online is the transaction instantaneous

Yes. Regardless of time or day, it's instant.

Advertisement