Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Web Design course

• 05-07-2010 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34

I'm looking for some web design course.My aim is to be able to create and manage web sites as I want to set up business related to property business(selling houses and rentals).
    any help or advice?
    I could do something with FAS,they're offering Dreamweaver CS 3/4.

My concern is how advanced should be my knowledge to be able create web site with posting/uploading some pictures,news...It could not have to be the most graphically necessarily as information and picture would be important.

I have some basic knowledge using FrontPage by Microsoft byt otherwise no further programming knowledge.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Why re-invent the wheel? You say you only want to upload news and a few pictures and that sounds like a blog to me - why not use Blogspot or some other blogging platform that you don't need to know design/coding to get up and running. You don't need to manage upgrades, or pay for hosting costs etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BrendanX1

I attended the course from July 2007 to June 2008 and found it generally excellent.The instructors were very helpful and there was plenty of time for questions, discussions etc.
    The syllabus for the course 'e-commerce/ Web Design' was:

Revision of ECDL material
    HTML
    XHTML
    Style Sheets, CSS
    Use of PSPad
    Dreamweaver CS3
    Design and Layout of websites
    Photoshop CS3
    Flash CS3
    Javascript
    PHP
    MySQL
    Databases
    C.I.W.
    e-commerce
    Content Management Systems (CMS)
    Google Apps

Project
    =======================

The project was to create an e-commerce website using techniques learned on the course.

There was a module on C.I.W. (Certified Internet Web professional ) and an exam on same.There was also a short exam on e-commerce terms.

I can create websites but found that I needed to beef up my design and graphics skills using online tutorials , and books e.g. from Sitepoint.

I understand the syllabus has changed since then.

Brendan

Advertisement