Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert students take over the port of abuse!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I didnt get a fcuking holiday. I have basically been in my house since my LC, cept for a few friday nights. No sex rampages for me.

Sucks :(
    Stay strong man!

I've been working and saving all Summer, haven't spent a cent on beer or clubs etc. and am not going to oxegen. Trust me, one year in college will do that to you. This article has given me even more inspiration however to save even harder for the holiday at the end of August in Santa Ponsa with the lads. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    No sex rampages for me.

Sucks :(
    /refrains from obvious joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

It sucks, I literally have no money. Zilch. No job either. Anyone else really bored? WTF will I do when the WC is completely over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dublin4Life

Its a sad day if the D4 heads are more mad that the real Irish people:p
    this country is really slipping when the abercrombie and fitch crew can make the papers for being Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jalock

I've been in the bog most days since the LC finished. Contrasts with the "port of abuse" are plentiful. I'll go abusing port when I'm done though. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

If they put as much effort into actually writing a decent article, instead of sensationalist bullcrap, they might actually make a half decent newspaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

DubMedic wrote: »
    If they put as much effort into actually writing a decent article, instead of sensationalist bullcrap, they might actually make a half decent newspaper.

It's the Mail, it's not news.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aoipha

i just flew home last nite, ill admit it was a little messy but not as bad as the papers are making out.. well not that i saw anyways and i spent every night down in the port

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kmhenry

i dont think its fair to tar all "D4" lc students with the same brush...i myself am from coolock lol (a completely different universe from south dublin's d4) and dont know anyone from d4 but i doubt they're all like what this journalist is saying, on holidays, in ireland or whatever? its very unfair and frankly quite annoying. What ever they get up to on holiday is their business...leave them too it. U dont see a Daily Mail journalist stalking a bunch of north sider students who may be on holidays and up to the same stuff as any d4 head lol!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Lads. It's all a load of shíte. I read recently (in the Independent on Wednesday I believe) that these claims were greatly exaggerated, most places are happy for the business students bring, and if they're told to quieten, they do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Meh, it's just the tabloids bigging it up tbh.

Strip it of the hyperbole and the bias and the basic story reads "teenagers get pished easily / are horny as feck."

Well, d'oh, who would have guessed??! >.<

Advertisement