Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

arcade titles help please?

• 05-07-2010 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭

hi i have a 4200 points card have no arcade titles at all what should i buy guys?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Shadow Complex for a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Don't be so quick to get rid of dem der points. Shadow Complex is A1+++ but worth checking this every monday around 4 or 5pm http://www.xbox.com/en-us/live/marketplace/dealoftheweek/ as they have a different offer every week for a week and they have been going crazy lately with the deals.

I have gotten half price games every week for the past 2 months, shadow complex included, though that deal is up now. As is the one for Trails HD which is another cracker worth full price.

Monkey Island 2 is out Wednesday, which i'll be getting for sure. Some others I liked were , ZOmbie Apocalypse, Geometry Wars 2, chime, braid.

Remember there is a demo for all arcade games, so you can try before you buy dude.

Edit : This weeks deals

MEGA MAN 10, reduced from 800 MSP to 400 MSP:
    After Burner Climax down from 800 MSP to 400 MSP:
    Scrap Metal, down from 1200 MSP to 800 MSP:
    Death By Cube, down from 800 MSP to 400 MSP:

Gold membership required for savings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

In terms of all the games you should get...

'Splosion Man, Alien Hominid HD, Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, Lucidity, N+, Shadow Complex, South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, The Maw, Trials HD, Wik and the Fable of Souls, The Secret of Monkey Island, Rez HD, Serious Sam HD, Perfect Dark HD, Earthworm Jim HD, Braid, Super Puzzle Fighter, Super Street Fighter II HD, Battlefield 1943...

The standouts are marked in bold but the others are all great too.

The Summer of Arcade 2010 is starting soon too and there's some quality titles in that too, namely Limbo, Hydro Thunder, Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light and Castlevania: Harmony of Despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Think I've posted this in a couple of other threads, but Defense Grid is definitely one of my most played arcade games..

+1 for Trials HD, Shadow Complex, Braid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Shadow Complex and Battlefield 1943

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

gizmo wrote: »
    In terms of all the games you should get...

'Splosion Man, Alien Hominid HD, Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, Lucidity, N+, Shadow Complex, South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, The Maw, Trials HD, Wik and the Fable of Souls, The Secret of Monkey Island, Rez HD, Serious Sam HD, Perfect Dark HD, Earthworm Jim HD, Braid, Super Puzzle Fighter, Super Street Fighter II HD, Battlefield 1943...

The standouts are marked in bold but the others are all great too.

The Summer of Arcade 2010 is starting soon too and there's some quality titles in that too, namely Limbo, Hydro Thunder, Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light and Castlevania: Harmony of Despair.

+ 1 to all the bolded titles anyway and a lot of the others. I'd also add Risk Factions to the list. Only out a couple of weeks, but it's very enjoyable. Definitiely download the demo of it first though as it's not everyone's cup of tea.

You should have Shadow Complex though, like right now, stop reading this sentence and just buy it. And 'Splosion man seeing as it's right there in the S section :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

so many great titles mentioned so far, but it's hard to say go out and get 'em all straight away when the majority of them were heavily discounted a mere few weeks ago. Trials HD and Shadow Complex are both brilliant games which were a mere 560MSP each a few weeks ago but are now back to 1200MSP. They are well worth 1200MSP but chances are they will go back on sale at some stage (I got them both for 800MSP on different occasions).

Each week there is usually at least 1 damn good arcade game on sale. I would recommend After Burner Climax from this weeks lot. It's short but fun.

A huge amount of games on XBLA are quality and deserve just as much attention as disc based titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hey been offline waiting on 360 slim so been trying demos and all above games mentioned were class gonna pick up castle crashers braid shadow complex and earthworm jim hd for defo

Advertisement