Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boards photo forum 24 hour magazine - ** Last Chance Saloon **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'd be up for helping in any way I can on the day. Can photograph (although my equip is poor) or possibly help with design stuff (have a decent knowledge of photoshop, indesign etc but been a long time since I've used it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Cool well I have an idea that would include text and some images. I suppose I could do that up and cover the theme and if you want to use what I have in mind you can, if not fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

What is the time frame? From 0:00 till 23:59? I would be more for 12:00 - 12:00 to give the final layout-making-person enough and rested time to wrap it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

humberklog wrote: »
    So ACD is there going to be a print run of it?

If so I could put a couple of copies up for sale in my gallery.

Um, I've had a look around and nothing is jumping out at me for a print on demand type of service.

For the participating photographers, we could potentially leave it that a print edition may be forthcoming. If it were to happen, it would be on a not for profit basis.

But honestly, i'm more keen that the online edition would publish within the 24 hour timeframe. It would be a different days work to organise for print availability.
    fadudanet wrote: »
    As to a name, 24/7 is a clever name if the photos are taken on 24 July, but what happens with issue #2? 24/8 doesn't quite work. If the plan is to do it monthly, what about 24/24, or 24 On 24?

Oh good lord, issue #2 ????????????? Heck, if we get a single issue out it will be great :D

Not saying that there won't be an issue #2 but my 'straightened' horizon is only seeing as far as the end of the 24 hours of the 24th.
    Jim wrote: »
    I'd be up for helping in any way I can on the day. Can photograph (although my equip is poor) or possibly help with design stuff (have a decent knowledge of photoshop, indesign etc but been a long time since I've used it)

Great stuff. Do photograph. For the magazine to happen it must be around the general welcoming ethos of the forum - all styles, levels of photography, any gear, beginner or advanced. It is a personal chance for anyone to showcase what they do with no particular expectations.

Personally speaking, I'd love to see someone submit a series taken on the day on a camera phone. That would be cool lined up in the same publication as someone with a hasselblad (has anyone a hassey to spare?).

The only expectation will be for you to stretch yourself, plan what you are going to shoot or a series that you are going to shoot, execute your plan and upload the results.
    Cool well I have an idea that would include text and some images. I suppose I could do that up and cover the theme and if you want to use what I have in mind you can, if not fine.

Sounds great. I'd think if at all possible, we would try to use anything produced for it.
    ThOnda wrote: »
    What is the time frame? From 0:00 till 23:59? I would be more for 12:00 - 12:00 to give the final layout-making-person enough and rested time to wrap it up.

Was thinking the 0:00 to 23:59 to keep it in the 24 hours on the 24th with the publication being uploaded / made available at midnight 24th. We'll need a schedule when I get to chat with some of the guys who've offered their design experience with a cut off point. So, we'll keep it open and take advice from the guys.

Oh, by the way don't forget everyone that film shooters will be welcome - as previously discussed, they will have the previous 24 hours to shoot enabling the following day while the digital shooter are out for develop/scanning of the film. That's probably as tight as we can make it. It still fits the idea of the 24hour thing so i'm ok with such a variance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Hmm working on the 24th, but then again, most of my shots lately have been a work, and if you like the idea of a camera phone series, then I'm definitely good with that....

I'll give it a go, if ye'll have me :)

dakar wrote: »
    Hmm working on the 24th, but then again, most of my shots lately have been a work, and if you like the idea of a camera phone series, then I'm definitely good with that....

I'll give it a go, if ye'll have me :)

Camera phone series will be a cool addition (particularly as to what the subject matter may be!)

KEEP THE DATE:

Right, we appear to be good to go for 24/7 which is next Saturday - this is for digital shooters.

Film shooters will have the liberty of getting started a day earlier on 23/7 (which obviously is next Friday).

I'll post a summary of where we're at tomorrow night - instructions for submissions, etc...

Again, all welcome to participate - If you can shoot next Saturday (or Friday with film) then it would be great to have you on board regardless of skill levels or abilities.

More to follow......

Great to see this coming along! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

This should be interesting :D

as for the hassey - IIRC, Fajitas has one (albeit film)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

On the design thing. I have offered my services, but now... Im actually a little scared! I would like if there was a lot of collaboration on this... other shoulders to blame as it were... There's a ridiculous amount of work in the design and layout and I would hate for it to be all down to a handful. Maybe a thread on the day with people inputting ideas etc so if it falls down. Ive never turned around a design project (of scale) from conception to production in 24hrs... tis a bit daunting.

Oh and on the time frame 00:00 to 23:59. It might be a good idea to have the day kick off at something like 7? There would be a lot of dead hours between midnight and sunrise. Hours where people will be asleep/no sunlight. Fair enough it might be a bit of a pain for the people putting finishing touches but Im used to working through the night for a deadline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Sounds like an interesting idea, and I hope it goes well (if I can, I'll try get in a shot for it).

But a good idea, (And I think it was mentioned previously in this thread), was to create an ongoing Newsletter/Magazine Ie. monthly issues - that aren't done attemptedly done in 24 hours, but get a big one of about 30/40 pages, with loads of rich content with the latest reviews, deals, interviews and photos, which can be created over the month and released at the end. (Have 2/3 weeks for the photographers to get in their pieces, and to get the interviews done etc. and then the other 1/2 weeks for the layout, design etc. of the magasine.) I'd say it could work, and we could give free online PDF Versions, and those who want to get a printed copy, could purchase one? Just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

101001 wrote: »
    On the design thing. I have offered my services, but now... Im actually a little scared! I would like if there was a lot of collaboration on this... other shoulders to blame as it were... There's a ridiculous amount of work in the design and layout and I would hate for it to be all down to a handful. Maybe a thread on the day with people inputting ideas etc so if it falls down. Ive never turned around a design project (of scale) from conception to production in 24hrs... tis a bit

Design by collaboration, ew. A thread for design ideas would slow things down and help create a worse looking end product.

I don't know how many pages you're doing but 20 or 24 pages would be easily doable in 24 hours with only a few people working on it. Just be realistic, you're not going to get a professional quality end product, so focus on efficient design that will allow you to finish on time. The average joe doesn't care for the hours you spend debating the leading etc, they won't notice those details, so don't waste time on them when you have no time to waste. Get set up with a flexible grid system beforehand.

I've produced a newspaper over a day and a night with just one other person, it's very possible but you just have to prevent yourself from overthinking the details and work two steps ahead of everyone else.

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Design by collaboration, ew
    Ah the joys of design by committee... Designing by committee is not as complicated as one would first think. If you communicate effectively.

Which I might not have... Basically I was thinking of the Graphic Design of the book. I reckon the layout will sort itself simply by the nature/aspect ratio/theme's/number of images. This doesn't bother me at all TBH. I was mainly thinking of an over all look... know what I mean.

I always find opinions helpful. I was thinking more along the lines of a thread whereby people might submit cover art, logo's font face idea's. A best can be picked or people can add suggestions to better a submitted design. I constantly ask people about designs, i like feedback... Have I achieved my goal etc.

Another thing might be to break it into sections... if it has 20 pages 5 people to 4 pages

• Registered Users Posts: 10 faduda

Ah the joys of design by committee... Designing by committee is not as complicated as one would first think. If you communicate effectively.

Which I might not have... Basically I was thinking of the Graphic Design of the book. I reckon the layout will sort itself simply by the nature/aspect ratio/theme's/number of images. This doesn't bother me at all TBH. I was mainly thinking of an over all look... know what I mean.

I always find opinions helpful. I was thinking more along the lines of a thread whereby people might submit cover art, logo's font face idea's. A best can be picked or people can add suggestions to better a submitted design. I constantly ask people about designs, i like feedback... Have I achieved my goal etc.

Another thing might be to break it into sections... if it has 20 pages 5 people to 4 pages

Include me in, I'd be happy to take 4-5 pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Is there anything stopping someone from making a template now or would that be going against the spirit of the 24hr turn around ?

It would be IMO better if the design/layout was 90% ready, then when photos were sent in, it would only mean each page needed a small bit of tweeking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 faduda

Chorcai wrote: »
    Is there anything stopping someone from making a template now or would that be going against the spirit of the 24hr turn around ?

It would be IMO better if the design/layout was 90% ready, then when photos were sent in, it would only mean each page needed a small bit of tweeking.

We should at least be able to agree the basics. So far, we seem agreed on 20-25 pages, so lets say 24 as a nice even number. Any fans of particular typefaces out there? Garamond? Helvetica? Anything but Comic Sans?

One image per page? Two? Four? Caption date should presumably include: Photographer's name, location where image was taken, time, and description (limit on number of words?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I think having a design template for the mag seems fair, at the least. If it does make it into more than 1 issue, then I'd be of the assumption that the design won't vary drastically from the first one, hence giving a bit of a head start for later issues....so it only makes sense to do the same for the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cian_s_obrien

Great idea lads, read this thread when it went up first and thought it was a super idea, then was out of the country for a period. Searched today to see how this was going and delighted to see that wheels are very much in motion. :)

(Got a canon 450D for Christmas and have totally fallen in love with photography)

Best of luck to all involved

Great idea lads, read this thread when it went up first and thought it was a super idea, then was out of the country for a period. Searched today to see how this was going and delighted to see that wheels are very much in motion. :)

(Got a canon 450D for Christmas and have totally fallen in love with photography)

Best of luck to all involved

Cool, I'll put you down so for at least one image then???? :D

Honestly - all styles, and levels are welcome :: from novice to professional to expert. It will be an inclusive publication so keep yourself free on the day to shoot. The only thing needed for to be included is to stretch yourself in your abilities and skills. Simple as that.

In other matters folks, i'm doing up the summary post mentioned last night and should have it live this evening. More to follow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Great idea, If I can I will try get an image into this work permitting. If I dont the best of luck.

Nothing set in stone here, but we're edging towards a final set of instructions. I think i've taken everything on board but please let me know if i'm missing anything - particularly on the copyright / licence stuff, as I want this to be right from the photographer's point of view and reasonable/workable from the project's point of view. I hope what i've included in this regard respects the photographers legitimate rights and is workable in what is being proposed.

Project Name: This is the 24 Hour Magazine project

Project Description: A collaboration of photographers being organised through the borards.ie photography forum in order to produce an entire magazine of photography in the space of 24 hours (due to technical considerations the actual 24 hours differs for film and digital shooters - see below).

When? Saturday, 24th of July - 24/7
    The 24hours for digital shooters will be on 24th of July
    The 24hours for film shooters will begin on the 23rd of July

For practical reasons, the 24 hours start at 7am 4am on the relevant day (for film or digital) and continue for 24 hours through to a possible* 7am 4am the following day. [Note: This updated to allow for sunrise shooters]

* people are not really expected to be shooting through the night but this timing will allow a little lee-way for the volunteer designers at the late stage of the evening to go the "last mile" if needed without being tied to 12 mid-night.

Who is it for? It's for everyone!
    The boards photography forum is welcoming of everyone, all styles, all levels from beginner to professional to expert. The common criteria that joins us all together and the reason we come back to the forum is that we enjoy photography, and enjoy each others company whether lurking or partaking in discussion. Hence, everyone is welcome to partake in this project.

Do I need a fancy smancy camera? Nope, your work will stand on its own and not compared with others so whether you are shooting with a pinhole matchbox, a Holga, a digital point and shoot, a SLR, medium format, or the latest in dSLR technology, then your efforts will be equally welcome.

Because it is your work which will be showcased, it is anticipated that you will stretch yourself in your efforts on the day in whatever it is that you decide to shoot.

When can I submit images? Anytime after the start of the 24 hours but before 9pm on the 24th July (please check back here before the start of the project as this may need to be altered depending on the designers).

Where do i submit images? A dedicated email has been set up to receive submissions which will keep all submissions in the one place for the designers to work on. The email address is 24hourmagazine at gmail dot com (obviously replace the at with @ and dot with . and remove spaces).

What format do the images need to be in? Full size jpeg images - processed as you want them to be.

Every effort will be made to include images as submitted with no modification. I'm guessing that the designers may in some instances need to apply a crop to 'make things fit' on the page and you will need to trust the project to do this in a tasteful manner. Every attempt will be made to retain the spirit of the submitted image. Any editorial decision in this regard will be final as time will not allow for prior opinion or permission to be sought.

How many images / photographs can I submit? There is no limit. You may submit a single image, or a series of images to convey your shooting efforts of the day. By submitting an image you are guaranteed to have at least one of your images published. Thereafter, it becomes an editorial decision as to what can reasonably be published. Obviously, if a sequence of images need to convey a documentary shoot then every effort will be made to include the series. In terms of images that wouldn't be included would be down to practicalities of the day - for example if someone submits 100 images then it is likely that a selection of those images would be used. Ideally, the photographer submits their selection.

Copyright? I value my work The project values your work too and respects your legitimate rights to your image thus the copyright of the image which is submitted remains with the photographer.

In order for the submission/image(s) to be published, you need to licence the project in good faith and in the spirit of the project, in perpetuity and non revocable terms your consent to have your submission/image(s) used in the publication.

Will the publication be purely online or will there be a paper publication? At present the publication will be online through a service like issuu.com It has been asked if there is a possibility that people could get a printed copy. While this won't happen in the immediate term, by participating you are agreeing that it may happen at some stage if an appropriate printing mechanism were available. In such a case then your submission would be included in its published form. This would be undertaken only on a not for profit basis (most likely for participants to gain a paper copy of the publication with their work in it).

Can I submit a text article? Yes.

What details are needed with a submission? Be clear with the information which you submit.

It would be helpful for you to include:
    Your name:
    Your boards.ie username:
    A title for your image:
    A description of the image/photograph:

Optional other details:
    Your website/ your blog / your email / other contact information
    Where taken:
    When taken (time - we'll already know it was the 24th or 23rd)
    A text article to accompany your image

Is there any material of a type which can't be submitted? In general the publication will work under the normal boards.ie photography forum charter provisions and the general ethos and acceptable behaviour of the forum. Hence anything which is normally allowed on the boards.ie photography forum is acceptable.

I know i've forgotten something as its just gone out of my head but i'll remember it later.

I haven't proof read for spelling or grammer so don't worry about that - that'll be fixed when I reread during the day.

When i've some feedback on the above tomorrow, i'll finalise and it will then be all systems go for the weekend.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Tick....tock....tick....tock.........

;)

nearly there...

theme being cooked ;)

Excellent!

I wasn't attempting to hurry you up btw, I was just expressing the mounting anticipation (and a little apprehension) that's building up as the project looms ever closer!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Oh just read this - what a really interesting idea! I'm looking forward to seeing the results :)

Still don't think I'd be involved in this myself, personally, though i do think it's a great idea (shall see what happens on the 24th I suppose) but one thing I'd point out is that if your time limit is 7am-7am, assuming you'll want most of your photos by the end of the night so they can be put together and such, would it not make more sense to go 4am-4am or something like that?

Speaking realistically, if anyone is going to be working through the night on the mag, they're gonna want to go to bed and I don't see anyone staying up til 7am to finish it. I could see it being feasible to stay up til 2 or 3 but I'd imagine most people would be pretty tired by that stage.

The other issue is, if everything kicks off at 7am, then anyone who was thinking of a sunrise photograph is back to the drawing board.

(Note; i realise the idea is to get people to stretch themselves and as such, not go for the 'usual' shots, but if this is open to everyone, then I'm sure that getting up and out at 5 am to get a sunrise is a hell of a leap forward for some people, and although a sunrise might not be the most complex or difficult image to record (though they can be tricky in my very limited experience with them), they can very often be some of the nicest looking images around).

So yeah... Not asking you to change anything, and I haven't read the whole thread just yet, so I don't know if that was mentioned yet, but I just thought I'd throw it out there. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Something has come up that means I may not be able to take part outside of work, hopefully though I can still submit something that I can fit in during my working hours.

Still don't think I'd be involved in this myself, personally, though i do think it's a great idea (shall see what happens on the 24th I suppose)

Do try, the more the merrier.

but one thing I'd point out is that if your time limit is 7am-7am, assuming you'll want most of your photos by the end of the night so they can be put together and such, would it not make more sense to go 4am-4am or something like that?

Hmnnnn..... ok, the 7am start was an alternate suggestion from someone but I get what you are saying so we'll run with 4am start to facilitate early birds, sunrise(s), and so forth. I also hope the design end won't be running through the night :eek:

Re: the design. As Chorcai was first in with the offer, he's taking up the running on this. He also has options with quite a few who have volunteered, so if you are one of the volunteer designers then please keep an eye to your pm's in case you are called upon, particularly on Saturday. Thanks.

Theme up shortly..... (don't worry, not too difficult - just didn't wan't anyone jumping the gun too early).

Film shooters - you will be on the off then at 4am 23rd (that's officially today) so off to bed with ya, and take some great images.

As well as stretching yourself, the other thing I ask you in participating in this is to enjoy it - this, above everything else is THE important part.

Good luck to everyone.

Ok, I said it would be all inclusive and in trying to produce something that everyone could partake in, it needs to be pretty much vanilla flavour. The important thing to do with vanilla goodness is to flavour it appropriately with whatever takes your fancy and this is where you come in.

Therefore the theme is:

In Just One Day

which I hope is fitting to the project aims and it also means that it is whatever you want to make of it - whether you are at work (which I know a few people are) or are heading out to capture a sunrise, or are heading into town to capture the streets, or will execute a planned shoot in a forest, or anything really. You can choose to expand that theme in whatever way you like. Just keep it within the 24 hour concept.

So off with ye (at least film shooters), and digital guys - put this to the back of your mind until Saturday morning when it'll be your turn.

Keep checking back here for any additional information.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Camera phone series will be a cool addition (particularly as to what the subject matter may be!)

KEEP THE DATE:

Right, we appear to be good to go for 24/7 which is next Saturday - this is for digital shooters.

Film shooters will have the liberty of getting started a day earlier on 23/7 (which obviously is next Friday).

I'll post a summary of where we're at tomorrow night - instructions for submissions, etc...

Again, all welcome to participate - If you can shoot next Saturday (or Friday with film) then it would be great to have you on board regardless of skill levels or abilities.

More to follow......

What is the deadline precisely for Digi shooter on Saturday? And do we send our images to you through here? I'm due to go on the Photo-walk, I'm enrolled at least, this served as a reminder actually! SO much on atm almost forgot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Just catching this now ACD thanks to your tweet. This might just give me the excuse to dust off my film camera. Saturday could be a bit mad ....
    Wouldn't mind joining in ....

• Advertisement

Logo errm I did it late last night so no laughin ! Plain and simple, using the 24/7.

E98984F9AFBF4E7C87A11F976E972369-500.jpg

Thoughts ?

435F33D78AD54391A20551C86B47AC38-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

What is the deadline precisely for Digi shooter on Saturday? And do we send our images to you through here? I'm due to go on the Photo-walk, I'm enrolled at least, this served as a reminder actually! SO much on atm almost forgot.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Where do i submit images? A dedicated email has been set up to receive submissions which will keep all submissions in the one place for the designers to work on. The email address is 24hourmagazine at gmail dot com (obviously replace the at with @ and dot with . and remove spaces)

Everything you need to know in post #71.
    however I'm a little confused about the start/finish time for digital too, is its still July 24th 7am till 7am or now 4am to 4am?
    Maybe post #71 could be updated.

09FE4E48252E47C8ACE3CC9C18DC3C92-500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Ah, missed that e-mail address. So we can submit any type of image? with the only theme being 24 hours?

F26F85EBDF104C77B18CB18414D9910A.jpg

Logo errm I did it late last night so no laughin ! Plain and simple, using the 24/7.

E98984F9AFBF4E7C87A11F976E972369-500.jpg

Thoughts ?

I love the elegance/simplicity of this one - perhaps this over-layed on a feature image from the day full bleed?

IamBlip wrote: »
    Everything you need to know in post #71.
    however I'm a little confused about the start/finish time for digital too, is its still July 24th 7am till 7am or now 4am to 4am?
    Maybe post #71 could be updated.

Thanks, i've updated the times on post #71.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Logo errm I did it late last night so no laughin ! Plain and simple, using the 24/7. Thoughts ?

this one this one this one this one this one this one!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

28ADA3BE05864DF1B5C971297F54455A-800.jpg

Page layout.

To help speed things along, people could size the photo before submitting it ?

2F0653242D55419EB01062A5CBE0631D-800.jpg

119E21D2FD0D455C87FFEDE65299D5A2-800.jpg

Gotta agree with the others Chorcai, that first logo you posted looks excellent. Very elegant or something. Not that I'm knocking the other logos, they're very good, too, but I think the first is fantastic.

img

i reckon meself that thats the cover... oh and in other news. Are we going one page an image? i never even thought about that... thank christ chorcai is around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Markham

Love the idea - will be doing my damndest to contribute from the Festival of World Cultures, or maybe the matchracing event going on in Scotsmans Bay... (www.matchracing.ie/challenge)

i reckon meself that thats the cover... oh and in other news. Are we going one page an image? i never even thought about that... thank christ chorcai is around
    "How many images / photographs can I submit? There is no limit. You may submit a single image, or a series of images to convey your shooting efforts of the day. By submitting an image you are guaranteed to have at least one of your images published. Thereafter, it becomes an editorial decision as to what can reasonably be published. Obviously, if a sequence of images need to convey a documentary shoot then every effort will be made to include the series. In terms of images that wouldn't be included would be down to practicalities of the day - for example if someone submits 100 (:eek:) images then it is likely that a selection of those images would be used. Ideally, the photographer submits their selection."

The layouts above IMHO would be for someone submitting 1/2 photos. If someone submitted more then he/she would again IMHO get something like this as a cover (3 images where grey boxes are)

5E01D4809A8A4885B8BAAEFB0515C5EA-800.jpg

followed by this layout below for each image...

119E21D2FD0D455C87FFEDE65299D5A2-800.jpg

Again I am only throwing up ideas for people to work with.

2F0653242D55419EB01062A5CBE0631D-800.jpg

I'm liking this, but a couple of comments to consider;

are we losing too much page space?

could the bottom part footer be more condensed such that the image gets more prominence?

again, from a prominence point of view is the header needing the boards logo on every page/would that become repetitive? If it weren't on every page then the space could potentially be used for larger image(s)? You could leave the 24/7 logo?

plain white or plain black background for the pages or is there room for a mixture - perhaps a feature 'section' of a particular sequence which would change to a pure black background?

Just thoughts / ideas.

• Advertisement

Also, one last thing (then i'll shut up);

Is the px size very small, particularly if it were ever to go to print? should we be looking for full size jpeg's cropped to size rather than resized images?

Also (then i'll really shut up) What is the destination page size A4? letter, etc?

thanks.

I just threw these up as guides/style, and to start the ball rolling :P

Ill re-work em now.

The page size A4

F5DB99E00CA84A3DA8CDDDD9D8E185BB-800.jpg

49D6D519E2384179BC869817C0A31B14-800.jpg

yup thats much better... clearly about the image. theres also still space to put the logo on each page but i actually thing that that is not important. thats a real nice template. including the boards username is a particulary good idea

Yes.

Really liking this layout.

Super.

• Advertisement
Advertisement