Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boards photo forum 24 hour magazine - ** Last Chance Saloon **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Weather is pox alright. It's going to look like a Winter magazine :D

I missed out on going to the photo-walk today, because I'm crippled tbh. The back is acting up real bad today, couldn't face the bus journey/long walk. I will try get some kind of images today though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Just got out of bed but will duck in again. I don't see any work done today :(

Just belted off an email there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Heading to BBQ, hope can come up with something later to submit. Feck the weather, it shouldn't stop us snapping. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

East coast and sun is shining now which it absolutely hasn't been.

( pity my plan and preparations was a morning sunrise - gah! )

(( does an afternoon photoshoped sunrise count? ))

• Advertisement

Yeah, the sun is shining like a spiteful bastard now. I can't get out though :(

Ye should probably re-try this idea, or do a full on, all-out nWo style magazine later in the summer when the weather will be better (usually september is a great month is it not?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

well the gods have whispered, plotted, planned and conspired against me today...

my plan around the theme of ''all in one day'' was to build a pinhole camera, shoot a roll of film with it, get it processed in the local chemist, scan it, and have it to you guys in the 12 hours i had available to me....:D

saturday is housework day at chez nous so the the idea was to take pinhole SPs of me doing everything i would normally do throughout the day... dishes, laundry, talking to the neighbour's sheep etc so all that went well. reckon i got some nice shots, too. lazy sheep make the most co-operative subjects :p so i just drove the 10 miles into the chemist to get it processed... and ........their machine is down. a fixer guy won't be out till next week... :mad:

so there it is. my plan didn't exactly work, and i'm too knackered now to pick up a camera and do it all again in b+w and process the negs myself... or even take out my digital and snap a photo of my feet at this stage..... :o i have an hour or so till we have to get ready to go out... if i get any flash of energy i'll let yez know... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Well I'm just in from work and I didn't have a free minute, I think all my creativity is gone as I can't for the life of me think of something to do! I don't really want to photograph the mess my kids made in the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

urrrrrgh, an hour an a bit left and still nothing is coming to me... stupid fecking weather and stupid lack of creativity :/

Well, I did go out and about looking for inspiration ... not much came. The landscape around here is drab on the best of days. But I'm e-mailing on 2 images from today.

I figure everyone would have sunsets/landscapes/candid street shots/random animals ... So I submitted a joyrider [or it looked like they were, cracked wind-shield, No thumping 'tunes' just lots of loud laughter and shouting, speeding, in a tiny corsa] waving at me, and an ice-cream :D Seems we all had photographer's block today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Had a brilliant day out today with theboat. Can't wait to see what everyone came up with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Sent over the shots :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Markham

kjt wrote: »
    Sent over the shots :)

Me too, just fired two across.

Great day down in Dun Laoghaire - blue skies too.

If it's not too late I just got something I'd like to add

What is the cut off time out of curiousity?

Originally we were hoping for 9:00pm however I think we're still accepting so if you have something then email it asap.

Chris: jump in here because the vast majority of the work is in your hands at this stage, and I don't want to be signing you up for anything more than you planned.

Well I have nothing else to contribute. My efforts were poor enough, last thing you need is more of them.

Looking forward to seeing it though. Did you get many emails? I think the weather killed it for a lot of people.

I just got my [reflected] sunset in. Nothing all day, then blinded by the sun when I brought the kids to bed, had to stand on the little one's bed because the zoom lens was attached and I need to get back far as poss, the kids think I'm mad as it is anyhow :D They got up and started jumping up and down on the bed ... Grrr ... trying to keep steady before the sun was gone down. Got what I wanted anyway, hope it's included :)

Haha. Sounds interesting Cagey. Will be good to see it when it's all said and done.

The number of contributors has been less than could have been (unfortunately) but as has been said the day itself I think has put off a lot of people, and some people have had genuine problems ( poor arteva - heart going out to you :) )

That being said, even with a small number of photographers we will still have some great content to run with. Actually, what am i saying we've probably a similar number to what was originally envisaged but less than the overall interest shown.

Eitherways, I can't wait to see the content set into the pages and uploaded into issuu ( links to follow )

(still some images arriving in too - excellent.)

• Advertisement

LMAO - We've just received an offer of marriage over on issuu ( comment now deleted and reported as spam).

Wow - and that was without the actual magazine being published :D

Marriage? :eek:

When's it expected to be up and running?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    LMAO - We've just received an offer of marriage over on issuu ( comment now deleted and reported as spam).

Spam?! It couldve been a declaration of true love. You old cynic you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Just got the chance to get my pics off (in two emails) now, sorry about the delay (busy day at the office). Hope it's not too late :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Have a few photos I'll try send now if its not too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Keep em coming tis grand

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

I have a few to send - an interesting night photography speaking - not Hold the front page, but please accept mine - I'll send them in about 10 minutes.

dakar wrote: »
    Just got the chance to get my pics off (in two emails) now, sorry about the delay (busy day at the office). Hope it's not too late :(

No sign as yet on the email - can you recheck the address used, and let me know if it appears ok from your end so we can organise an alternate way of getting them to us if needed.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

Just submitted - hope it's not too late.

• Advertisement

Just submitted - hope it's not too late.

I think you are still ok - Chris is a generous dude :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Running behind time ... I have n image or two shortly :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Stupid weather.... was planning to get pics of the girlfriend doing a skydive today - canceled due to cloud cover.

So...I ended up sleeping until 5pm...:pac: and nothing really struck me all day so... meh, next time hopefully!

Can't wait to see it though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Stupid weather.... was planning to get pics of the girlfriend doing a skydive today - canceled due to cloud cover.

So...I ended up sleeping until 5pm...:pac: and nothing really struck me all day so... meh, next time hopefully!

Can't wait to see it though :)

still not to late :P

Chorcai wrote: »
    still not to late :P

I'm at the girlfriends house in sligo now...would be atleast another hour if not more before I can get anything uploaded! :p

/edit: hmm...inspiration just hit.... *gets to work*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

So am I right in thinking that in 10 minutes the magazine will be live?

gawd no - we've got until 4am for the full 24 hours!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

gawd no - we've got until 4am for the full 24 hours!

My bad, have fun then!

I look forward to reading it in the morning. :)

actually, the number of photographers (given most are latecomers) are getting very close to the expectations, so things looking really good. Hope we have time to get them all in now ;)

actually, the number of photographers (given most are latecomers) are getting very close to the expectations, so things looking really good. Hope we have time to get them all in now ;)

How many have gotten involved? or will we need to see the magazine to know for sure?

• Advertisement

How many have gotten involved? or will we need to see the magazine to know for sure?

13/14 (ish) at the moment.

We even have an article, a journal, and lots of cool images.

Shaping up very nicely.

Oh yeah, the other thing - A feature image has been selected from all submissions as the "cover image" - won't be revealed until published, but its damn good. This image will also be replicated inside.

Ok...I'm attempting to upload it. this process may take some time as these are the router sync speeds :pac:

Speed 160/128 (kbps)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Ended up having to work till after 9 tonight :(

Looking forward to reading it tomorrow folks, sounds like its going well!

Finally! Submitted...

Will this actually be available at 4am?

Might stay up if so...

Will this actually be available at 4am?

Might stay up if so...

A couple of factors at play - we're up to a serious number of pages (70+) so assuming the thing is cranked out by 4am - upload to issuu / then issuu processing the publication ready for getting the link up, may take a while.

I would say that the preview i've seen is *mighty* - i'm very pleased with how its shaping and I think that everyone will be really happy. Chris has put so much work in here, he really is dedicated beyond what can reasonably be expected. So it will be worth seeing, but a call you've got to make as to if you want to lose sleep - set the clock for early in the morning perhaps.

Ah sure I'll head off to bed in a few minutes, so.

Look forward to seeing it though. Hopefully it'll be up when I'm next on :)

Cheers again ACD/Chorcai and all involved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 faduda

Sorry I didn't get to participate, had to drive Donegal to Kildare, and was exhausted afterwards. Best of luck to all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Damn,I was looking forward to submitting some shots from tonight but I only got home 20 minutes ago and I think ive missed my chance, looking forward to seeing it all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

Looking forward to seeing this. Well done to all who are involved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement