Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boards photo forum 24 hour magazine - ** Last Chance Saloon **

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Well done everyone - I would have loved to submit something but ended up looking after a Spaniard for the weekend! Looking forward to the next one.

Hope you guys caught up on some sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Great project, great result, well done.

/unfortunately I couldn't contribute, I only picked up me camera for the 1st time yesterday (in a loooong time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Scarlett68

Congrats to you all! A superb acomplishment. Chorcai and AnCatDubh...... hats off to you guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Well done guys. I have 2 favourites, the cover picture by Markham and pg 16-17 by Ancatdubh..

Looks great. Pity I had no inspiration to get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

Fair play lads - very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cian_s_obrien

I cleaned the car on Friday night and took this photo of my car Sunday morning after location hunting all through Saturday. Well worth it :D

mhsehv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Chorcai and ACD

Possible reason you had so much trouble with my photo uploads from my phone!:eek::(:confused:

5737E0CB37E3493DA29A04E825070D40.jpg

Next time I'll upload them from the office, I promise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

6C2FA505802D4896B116F649791C8FE2.jpg

Over 20k unique page views not bad eh !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

Anbody who would like to track the success on Twitter will find the
    Topsy Search Engine useful:

http://topsy.com/issuu.com/boards-24hourmagazine/docs/boards-247magazine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Chorcai wrote: »

Over 20k unique page views not bad eh !

Wow that's brilliant! Far more than anticipated anyho! Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

There have been a number of enquiries, and people a little disappointed for whatever reason they didn't get their images in on time for the 24 hour publication - so this is for people who shot photographs on 24th of July (last saturday) but didn't submit them for whatever reason.

In the spirit of the original challenge, the publication will remain as is currently published - a 24 hour turn around magazine. But the additional challenge to us is how to get those 'other' shots taken on the day into a published format under the same project banner.

Well, in discussing options with Chorcai, we have decided that we could do a 24hour+ supplement (to the original publication) *if* people really did want to have images included.

The earlier house rules, terms and conditions will apply here too. The format will be identical except for an indication that the publication is a supplement rather than the original.

Assuming there are enough in this position and wanting to contribute which would produce something reasonably substantial then it will be done.

So, if you had previously been left out and really "wanted in", then add a thanks to this post or reply on thread so that we can gauge interest.

All submissions as per original way by end of Sunday next 1st August with a view towards publication on the following Tuesday (3rd).

/did i just post that? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭chisel

mmm. I'd be inclined to save yer fire for another (but maybe different?) edition? (even though I did take a shot on the day for inclusion).

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

Yeah I'm with Chisel, I'd leave it till the next edition if there's going to be one, after all everyone knew the timeline to get photos back and that includes me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Yea maybe next time is slightly better.....

Real sorry i missed out on this, but work got in the way :o

Anyways, you all deserve a big pat on the back. Magazine is fantastic, well done :)

Next time ill lend a hand ill promise :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭kittykrazy

Really enjoyed flicking through the magazine. I'd never heard of TTV before and all the photos were great! I especially liked reading the photographers intro and explanation. Well done guys!

Advertisement