Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Power of Crystals

• 06-07-2010 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi Guys

From my previous threads you've probably gathered I'm getting in touch with my spiritual side! and I've been getting into the crystals lately when I was given a Rose quartz, I actually feel they do work and do feel a sense of calm when I hold it.Whats your opinions on crystals?any info on them also would be great too!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Crystals are good as they radiate clean energy, yet you do need to regularly clean them as some of them also work to absorb negative energy from a space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

When you purchase/receive a crystal is important to awaken it, cleanse and program it. I love rose quartz - it has a lovely calming effect, and is also the stone of love, but not just in relation to attracting love our way, but also has a huge importance on self love. I love red jasper for grounding as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Denimgirl

I agree they do really make you feel positive about yourself!What gives them the powerful positive vibes?

Not sure that is something I can explain to be honest - I just tryst my own senses, and what is right for me, rather than trying to analyse why or how.

An excellent resource on crystals is Judy Hall's book The Crystal Bible - there are two volumes (the second being newer crystals that have been discovered I think). I have read the first one, but not the second, and find it an excellent reference point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I have a friend who tells me to place mine into the light of a full moon.
    Anyone know if this help it in any way?

Thanks for your time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

wash in salt water and leave on the windowsill on a full moon

padma wrote: »
    wash in salt water and leave on the windowsill on a full moon

Some crystals are not advisable to wash in water as some are porous, which will over time dissolve the crystal.

There are so many different techniques - full moon, sunlight, burying in the earth etc, that there is no one absolute right way, but is best to go with your intuition. I cleanse my crytals through intention, asking the angels to assist etc. I have also run them through incense smoke to cleanse them, ensuring there is a window open too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dragon_fly

Some crystals are not advisable to wash in water as some are porous, which will over time dissolve the crystal.

There are so many different techniques - full moon, sunlight, burying in the earth etc, that there is no one absolute right way, but is best to go with your intuition. I cleanse my crytals through intention, asking the angels to assist etc. I have also run them through incense smoke to cleanse them, ensuring there is a window open too.

I used to cleanse my crystals before a full moon but have been advised to bury in the earth for a month or so instead because of the immense demands on the moon's resources right now. Therefore benefit of moonlight cleansing is diluted. The earth's core amplifies crystals' "dna" and increases their vibration so crystals really respond to being buried....just remember where you put them!

Sunlight isn't a great technique, particularly for stones like citrine and amethyst which are prone to fading.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

Dragon_fly wrote: »
    I used to cleanse my crystals before a full moon but have been advised to bury in the earth for a month or so instead because of the immense demands on the moon's resources right now. Therefore benefit of moonlight cleansing is diluted. The earth's core amplifies crystals' "dna" and increases their vibration so crystals really respond to being buried....just remember where you put them!

Sunlight isn't a great technique, particularly for stones like citrine and amethyst which are prone to fading.

Hi Dragon Fly
    was just wondering if you know why the moons resources are in big demand at the moment?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dragon_fly

Might have been a bit vague there, sorry!

I meant in the context of energy workers drawing on the moon's power as part of their work.

• Advertisement

Also the earth is trying to release old stagnant energies at the moment too. Some of these due to how we, mankind, have taken 'liberties' so to speak, through how we have, and continue to treat Mother Earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mniccaba

Hi there
    I was looking to get a crystal pendulum to use with reiki healing. Is clear quartz the best one to get? Is there anywhere in Dublin thats good for crystals?
    Thanks

Personally, I prefer to use non crystal pendulum in healings - I have a copper one which I find is fab.

Advertisement