Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any taxidermists in Cork?

Options
  • 06-07-2010 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Got it into my head that it may be an interesting skill to learn. Anyone know in Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

http://www.goldenpages.ie/category_Taxidermists_County%3ACork-1.html

Just seems to be the one in Cork. Go for it I say...

Contact # (023)8848407

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I've a buddy who skinned a fox that he found on the road. I think he's trying to stuff a badger he found at the moe. I'll ask him if he has any tips.

TBH I can't see the attraction...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It's just an idea I had for a couple of artworks. I wanted to install stuff in dead animals. I'm not the most unsqueamish though so getting a pro to do it may be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Visions of the Janitor from Scrubs running through my head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Visions of the Janitor from Scrubs running through my head

Ha ha, exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title :)

I say go for it op, definately a unique interest though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Kold wrote: »
    Got it into my head that it may be an interesting skill to learn. Anyone know in Cork?

Get stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

It's just an idea I had for a couple of artworks. I wanted to install stuff in dead animals. I'm not the most unsqueamish though so getting a pro to do it may be best.

What? Like a car stereo? USB ports?

I now have a mental image of a stuffed otter with a spoiler. That would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yeah, was thinking put a woofer in a chicken and small speakers in small birds and mount em on springs. I like the boyracer otter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Yeah, was thinking put a woofer in a chicken and small speakers in small birds and mount em on springs. I like the boyracer otter though.

Could be a savage art project, seriously though, AFAIK taxidermy is something that takes a while to pick up. As in apprenticeship while. Probably easier buying them pre-stuffed and going at them with a dremmel.

Advertisement