Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 14 (FFXIV)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Dcully wrote: »
    My Gladiator is lvl 18 now, i thought id lvl up the conjurer to 15 as i think i need it to access the Paladin job on Gladiator later?
    Either way it was a total grind and a pain to lvl up without story quests,im guessing it just got so slow as the gap between the Glad lvl 18 got smaller thus negating the xp bonus you get depending on how many levels apart you are from your main class --- if that makes sense.

You should have access to instances now. Should be fairly easy to get xp with that? Also consider looking for XP buff food to either make or buy..
    Yes a 15 Conj is needed for Pala afaik.

Seph it's not necessary no. Just depends on what you want to do with the game as there are a lot of options.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Noxin wrote: »
    You should have access to instances now. Should be fairly easy to get xp with that? Also consider looking for XP buff food to either make or buy..
    Yes a 15 Conj is needed for Pala afaik.

Seph it's not necessary no. Just depends on what you want to do with the game as there are a lot of options.

I meant to say the grind was from lvl 10 to 15,no instances available until 10 hence the grind.
    Tell me more about this XP buff food.

I meant to say the grind was from lvl 10 to 15,no instances available until 10 hence the grind.
    Tell me more about this XP buff food.

Any food I've come across seems to give a % XP buff along with some stats.
    I've not tried out Culinarian but it might be worth it for that alone.

Just killed Ifrit. Pretty sweet looking
    Screens if you would like a look:
    http://i.imgur.com/HZBEtUm.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/7XQZUXI.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/1ANtlNa.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/z3W0lw2.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

FFS Cant get on at all "the world is full"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Getting an error 2002 now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I am too:(

What an absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Really enjoying this,just got the black Mage job but also taking the time to level up mining,botany and gold smithing,first mmo in a while where I am not in a rush to level up and just enjoying the atmosphere.
    One problem I find is I get a slight lag/delay on spell cast, maybe .5 to 1 second a lot of time.You know the enemies red target area,can be well outside of it but still get hit,and trying to time the instant cast spells can be a pain,pressing 2 or even 3 times.
    Anyone else have this?(on the pc btw)

Mthor5 wrote: »
    Really enjoying this,just got the black Mage job but also taking the time to level up mining,botany and gold smithing,first mmo in a while where I am not in a rush to level up and just enjoying the atmosphere.
    One problem I find is I get a slight lag/delay on spell cast, maybe .5 to 1 second a lot of time.You know the enemies red target area,can be well outside of it but still get hit,and trying to time the instant cast spells can be a pain,pressing 2 or even 3 times.
    Anyone else have this?(on the pc btw)

Is it possible to log in now?

I've not had problems at all tonight. And I've logged off and on a number of times for different reasons...

But as posted previously, hopefully the upgrade next week(?) will resolve the login issues for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Think im beginning to hate this whole forum, everytime i think im not going to play something you guys post up how awesome it is and i want to play it. Damn you :):) (love you all really, i generally know something is good depending on a few people who have good tenure on recommending decent games).

Where are people rolling?

Calhoun wrote: »
    Think im beginning to hate this whole forum, everytime i think im not going to play something you guys post up how awesome it is and i want to play it. Damn you :):) (love you all really, i generally know something is good depending on a few people who have good tenure on recommending decent games).

Where are people rolling?

Odin for me,its a great game when you can actually get on and play :),I'm still learning though,I'm not use to raid mechanics,tanking healing etc,never did any of that in GW2.

Phoenix EU here. please dont mention this game and fail wars 2 in the same breath mate, not in the same league at all.

Phoenix EU here. please dont mention this game and fail wars 2 in the same breath mate, not in the same league at all.

:D

Odin for me,its a great game when you can actually get on and play :),I'm still learning though,I'm not use to raid mechanics,tanking healing etc,never did any of that in GW2.

Thats the main reason i stopped playing GW's 2 was due to the lack of the trinity, i know they replaced it with something else but it wasnt the same. It seemed to be a more aoe damage game than anything else.

Good if you want to jump in and out but wasn't something id play lng term. I really like what im hearing about story mode in this game, so will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Looks like the servers have gone into meltdown again :(

At least I got a few hours in this morning (albeit hungover.....).

I'm away with work for the next 3 weeks, so won't be able to play, hopefully everything will be sorted by the time I'm back!

So funny seeing people online going mad over it, it's like this should be expected at any launch . At least they are being active about sorting it extra week and stopping sale of digital edition.

The servers themselves were fine today. I've been online all day (shameful I know but had nothing better to do)

They announced in game that they had to do some emergency maintenance on the logon server though and advised us not to log out.
    No idea how long it was due to last. Hopefully by Wednesday this will all be resolved.

The servers themselves were fine today. I've been online all day (shameful I know but had nothing better to do)

They announced in game that they had to do some emergency maintenance on the logon server though and advised us not to log out.
    No idea how long it was due to last. Hopefully by Wednesday this will all be resolved.

I was online from about 4-8 and got kicked off at 8,can't get back in now.Are you on atm?

• Advertisement

Yea Seph I've not logged been off since early this afternoon. No discon at all today.

Yea Seph I've not logged been off since early this afternoon. No discon at all today.

Lucky you :),just got back on now.

What class you lot playing , was looking into becoming a whitemage. Anyone played a conjurer they any good ?

Calhoun wrote: »
    What class you lot playing , was looking into becoming a whitemage. Anyone played a conjurer they any good ?

I'm going Paladin so currently have my Gladiator at 22 and Conjurer at 15.

I found the Conjurer kinda boring to level to be honest. Very easy though. I was able to kill mobs 5 levels higher than me while doing hunts without much problem.
    Needed to get him to 15 for Paladin job so I'll be back to Gladiator now.

I'm going Paladin so currently have my Gladiator at 22 and Conjurer at 15.

I found the Conjurer kinda boring to level to be honest. Very easy though. I was able to kill mobs 5 levels higher than me while doing hunts without much problem.
    Needed to get him to 15 for Paladin job so I'll be back to Gladiator now.

Same as pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

I just want to say I love the game and haven't really experienced that many issues, but I still love these videos!

Server update tonight i might actually get in tomorrow for longer than a few minutes.

What race did you guys go with, i cant decide between a normal human or one of the hobbit/gnome people.

Havent had much time to play since last week, however Saturday,Sunday and just now i tried to pop in for 30 mins, each time the world "the world is full" 1017 error or something.
    I havent been following issues over the weekend, how was it?

Havent had much time to play since last week, however Saturday,Sunday and just now i tried to pop in for 30 mins, each time the world "the world is full" 1017 error or something.
    I havent been following issues over the weekend, how was it?

Very hard for me anyway and loads of other people to get in over the weekend,there suppose to be adding more servers tomorrow and we get an extra 7days.

• Advertisement

Had no problems over the weekend but on Monday it was chaos. Between not being able to see the server list (even though it was up) to 1017 when you finally could see it. I tried for about 5 minutes and didn't bother after that. Didn't bother trying yesterday either.

Hopefully after today, these issues will be resolved. I think the servers are due to come back online around 11am. But this was a big job so it really wouldn't surprise me if they do not.

Will know more this evening. Fingers crossed this gets resolved and they can look at some smaller things that need adding.

Advertisement