Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 14 (FFXIV)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Shaneoh

Yep, 27th! The EU store isn't fully updated with the Collectors edition but you can pre-order the download version from here!

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/en/product/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will it be worth getting do ye think?I was thinking of getting it for ps3.

There will be an open beta so you can try it out then before shelling out money for it! I personally think it is worth the money, (I will be shelling out more money for the collectors edition even though I have the game already! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

In the same boat myself. I have the CE from FFXIV v1.0. I also have two legacy accounts but going to order the CE for the PS3 so i can play on that as well as my PC if im feeling lazy. The rewards from it are definitely worth it.

There is a Live Letter from the Producer this Thursday at 1pm GMT its shown on youtube. Always in japanese so hard to uderstand but you get all the new stuff from game play videos and artwork etc.

Really looking forward to getting back into the game. Did you check out the Tour of Eorzea pt 2 video that came out the other day? Some zones look fantastic!

Shaneoh wrote: »
    Hey guys, 1.0 player here! Played from May '11 till servers shut down. Can't wait till Phase 3! Game feels totally different to 1.xx so will be interested to see how my own character feels! Hopefully they give is one high level dungeon in Phase 3 but not expecting it till launch.

Hope to see you all in game at some point!

What server were you on dude. Do you have an EU Linkshell or Free Company. I played 1.0 as well until servers went down and was playing with some really good guys from Scotland / UK have a vent etc.

Be good to play with someone from Ireland. Played FF11 for 5+ years and never met anyone from Ireland lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

how much is the monthly sub?

here is a good page explaining the different subscription types.

http://www.ffxivinfo.com/service.php

10.99 for 180 days seems reasonable enough.

MarkJD I did see the video! Last 5 seconds were amazing! :D I can't wait to MPK everyone on that fight :D

I was on Gungnir, I joined an LS called Seraphim. It is mainly US but we have some EU folk as well. It is great the mumble has had at least 5 people on it chatting away when the servers have been down!

With my 8 chars a server 40 chars in total I'll prob be creating a few alts! I'd love to get an Irish LS going! I sincerely thought I was the only Irish guy playing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I always wanted to try Final Fantasy 11 but didn't have a gaming PC at the time. Definitely gonna try this out if they have an open beta. With the fact that sub based games are dying one by one i would much rather play a sub based MMO knowing the game wont be Pay2Win and i get access to all the content right off.

• Advertisement

I always wanted to try Final Fantasy 11 but didn't have a gaming PC at the time. Definitely gonna try this out if they have an open beta. With the fact that sub based games are dying one by one i would much rather play a sub based MMO knowing the game wont be Pay2Win and i get access to all the content right off.

I tried XI way back and just could not get into it. This game (1.0 version anyway) was a lot more open to new players but maybe I was just lucky to find an open and warm Linkshell.

As for the P2P that is kinda a big debate on going. A lot of people want it to go F2P because of games like GW2 and SWTOR going F2P (or being F2P in GW2 from the start). I don't have a problem with F2P games but I have just never been able to stay in one. Played GW2 for a while but couldn't last in it! Same with any F2P I have played.

So I don't mind shelling out money to play a game if it holds my attention. :D

10.99 for 180 days seems reasonable enough.
    Just bear in mind thats 10.99 per month because you are buying 180 days up front. So that is for 6 months?
    MarkJD I did see the video! Last 5 seconds were amazing! :D I can't wait to MPK everyone on that fight :D

I was on Gungnir, I joined an LS called Seraphim. It is mainly US but we have some EU folk as well. It is great the mumble has had at least 5 people on it chatting away when the servers have been down!

With my 8 chars a server 40 chars in total I'll prob be creating a few alts! I'd love to get an Irish LS going! I sincerely thought I was the only Irish guy playing :D

Haha Fafnir / Nidhogg 2.0.... Its going to be interesting how they do these FATE NMs and the associated gear drops from them seeing as FATES are public and anyone can partake!
    I tried XI way back and just could not get into it. This game (1.0 version anyway) was a lot more open to new players but maybe I was just lucky to find an open and warm Linkshell.

As for the P2P that is kinda a big debate on going. A lot of people want it to go F2P because of games like GW2 and SWTOR going F2P (or being F2P in GW2 from the start). I don't have a problem with F2P games but I have just never been able to stay in one. Played GW2 for a while but couldn't last in it! Same with any F2P I have played.

So I don't mind shelling out money to play a game if it holds my attention. :D

Yea iv struggeled myself with the F2P / P2W games as of late. Game up on GW2 very quickly didnt hold my interest then the backlash of lack of endgame content and rewards didnt give me any interest in going further. Iv no problem with the subscription model once patches and content are out on time and worth their value. I would like to see some better customer service from SE given the monthly sub but thats one of the problems with a Japanese developer imo!

FFXIV ARR will hopefully deliver! Ill hit you up in a PM and see about hooking up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Did anyone else get an invite to test the Beta? Just wondering what server people here are going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Just got invite, won't be able to try till tomorrow though. No idea on server.

/excitement

I'll post what server I'm on when I'm told by my LS which one we are going for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Just got BETA access this morning \o/

EDIT: Home from work now, download/updating/etc

I got an invite this morning also but it seems to be for the PS3 version. Can i use the code to download the PC version. Like **** im gonna play an MMO on a console

Just logged in and as expected the opening CGI blew my f*cking mind.

Cannot wait to get stuck in!!
    I got an invite this morning also but it seems to be for the PS3 version. Can i use the code to download the PC version. Like **** im gonna play an MMO on a console

Not sure if I got the same one but I was prompted to add my PS3 controller when I logged on. I simply disabled it's working fine.

EDIT: Might as well stream it for people who don't have access and want to know what it's like. http://www.twitch.tv/irlsinister

Turns out i got PC beta and they give me a PS3 beta also. But im having a hard time finding the launcher download link.

-Edit-
    No im an idiot, the first code is just to register the game, the second the download of PSN. Guess ill just wait for open beta then :(

Lol, turns out the game is under NDA. Will take screens and post 'em here.

EDIT: I'm allowed post pics so I'll post them over the next couple days.

• Advertisement

Ugh downloading at <2 Mb/s..... painful....

Turns out i download the client on the forums, didn't read into that much in the e-mail.:o Download is painfully slow

So much going on in this game. It's pretty hectic. Gamespeed is noticably quick, too.

Some screens.

3009r9h.jpg

33avymb.jpg

34j3z8m.jpg

30k6brk.jpg

City looks like Jeuno <3

I'm on Coeurl if anyone else is on it. My in game name for this weekend is Ketchup Pringles! Wont be on much but hey :D

Only had a quick play, but from that its a million times better than the lethargic lag-fest that was the original.

Combat is fast and fluid, quests easy to follow, map works. All in all not a bad effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

ArthurG wrote: »
    Only had a quick play, but from that its a million times better than the lethargic lag-fest that was the original.

Combat is fast and fluid, quests easy to follow, map works. All in all not a bad effort.

damn wish i had beta access now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So a friend of mine is begging me to play this with him. He's a FF nut and enjoys the more casual side of MMO's where I have no interest in lore or story and like a bit of depth and challenge to my end game. Is this worth me giving it a go or will I stay clear?

Big Knox wrote: »
    So a friend of mine is begging me to play this with him. He's a FF nut and enjoys the more casual side of MMO's where I have no interest in lore or story and like a bit of depth and challenge to my end game. Is this worth me giving it a go or will I stay clear?

That is hard to say at the moment Knox, as we do not have any end game content right now. I would say wait till phase 4 and try it out yourself. There will no doubt be videos of end game content out around then as well for you to judge yourself.

I am hopefully that end game will be both engaging and very challenging and not just a crap tank and spank.

• Advertisement

Man missed alot in this thread over the weekend. Phase 3 really has come on leaps and bounds compared to phase 2. Really enjoy some of the combat and timer changes. Game also looks so beautiful.

Only got to play for the one day but tried both the PC and the PS3. Played rather well on the PS3 given the restrictions so handy to just sit back and play if you want.

Iv also read that the PS3 Beta code that you got will work on the PC version so just download and install the client. You guys should check out the FFXIV Reddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/ Plenty of screenshots and NDA breaking stuff and info.

I will be playing on the Excalibur server come release will give a healthy mix of EU and NA players. I roll with a group of people that mostly come from the EU and UK. Would be good to play with some people from Ireland, played FFXI for years and never had that! Game has a lot of promise! Already ordered my CE from gamestop. Now if i could just get them to confirm wtf is going on with my pre order codes.

Advertisement