Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CRC now charging Irish VAT

• 06-07-2010 9:44am
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,697 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Just spotted their prices for Irish based customers now include Irish VAT at 21% (previously UK VAT at 17.5%) - it was inevitable that the tax authorities would catch up with them eventually. It's now a level playing field with Wiggle, although I think Slane still charge UK VAT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Won't make much of a difference come January as all UK retailers will be charging 20% VAT anyway.

Surely CRC are still cheaper than wiggle? The difference was always way more than 4%.

We should be finding some decent online retailers from Spain or Cyprus and cashing in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I have found recently that CRC are more expensive for things, I have even picked up a few things in Wheelworx cheaper..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

thought their prices had jumped when i checked out last
    We should be finding some decent online retailers from Spain or Cyprus and cashing in...

unfortunately once you sell over a certain amount into a country you have to charge their vat,Eu regs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

My parents live in spain - anyone know any cheap online retailers there? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,697 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Spanish VAT rate 18%
    ok cyprus is 15%

http://www.tmf-vat.com/vat/eu-vat-rates.html
    I suspect shipping costs will quickly eliminate any benefit.

In addition we have benefited from weak sterling for the past couple of years - now it has strengthened Irish based suppliers are becoming more competitive. Take away the vast majority of the VAT differential from 1 January and local suppliers will no longer have anything to complain about concerning cross-border shopping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I find merlin and ribble better than crc for certain items. its definitely a case of shopping around.

i ve been shopping around and for a set of wheels for circa €400 there can be up to €100 difference in price.

no one shop is the overall cheapest. they are all cheapest for certain products but more expensive for others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

I've always been a huge crc fan but as of late I have found wiggle cheaper and delivery much faster. Crc use to deliver next day even without paying extra now it's more like next week where as wiggle are much faster, seems strange as crc are in the north and wiggle are across the water!

Advertisement