Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tightening a Hot Tap :(

• 06-07-2010 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Got an issue with three of my hot taps where they were not tightened correctly before the basin was fitted / hot water loosened the nut ? space is tight on all 3 and as such a normal spanner / adjustable is not working?

Is there a tool plumbers use that I can get that will do this ?

Sorry if its a thick Question..

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

mp22 wrote: »

Thats exactly the job. It works on the horzontal and vertical.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

dy'evva get one of them D'oh moments ? I get several, this is purely the latest :), back in the days of yore, me old man was a plumber, in his toolbag was just such an object :D I never knew what it was for :eek: ... needless to say, he's not a plumber anymore and his kit is loooong gone :)

Thanks for the help I shall go and get one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

fatboypee wrote: »
    dy'evva get one of them D'oh moments ? I get several, this is purely the latest :), back in the days of yore, me old man was a plumber, in his toolbag was just such an object :D I never knew what it was for :eek: ... needless to say, he's not a plumber anymore and his kit is loooong gone :)

Thanks for the help I shall go and get one....

Yeah, I have them all the time... All the frikkin time....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

this can be used at an angle ,
    see here basin spanner,http://www.toolware.co.nz/results.php?category=6&secondary=31
    10 to 19mm, or ten to 32mm size.depends on which one you get ,small, or larger 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Brooks have them (brooks.ie) I went to chadwicks before, and they hadn't heard of them, and just happened to see them when I was getting something else in Brooks (heat merchants do them to).

For one of the jobs (around the house), I had to use both the basin spanner, and the telescopic claw like spanner, when even the basin spanner didn't fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

ricman wrote: »
    this can be used at an angle ,
    see here basin spanner,http://www.toolware.co.nz/results.php?category=6&secondary=31
    10 to 19mm, or ten to 32mm size.depends on which one you get ,small, or larger 1.

This is what i got for the job. Its also good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

check out a 27mm/32mm box spanner, really good for reaching up in under the basin, and plenty of turning power without the slipping of the basin wrench, though you will have to disconnect the flexi hoses to use.........

Advertisement