Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Master

Options
  • 06-07-2010 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

So it's the summer time and boredom at home has set in,

My OH is playing Aion,

I have a few games on the xbox but nothing piquing my interest

Football Manager have a new game started

Tropico 3, Good but haven't had time for.

Restless with stuff to play but not in the mood.

So at the weekend was reading a review for Naughty Bear had been looking forward to this as it seemed like it would be good fun, but alas it has come up to be a dud.

However when reading one review i noticed simalarities between another game i have and one that crops up onto the pc every few years.

That game is ghost master

For those of you who haven't heard of it. It is 8 years old at this stage.

I'd describe it as Dungeon Keeper meets the Sims

You're a Ghostmaster and you have access to various spooks spectres and other horrors.

You're job,

Scare the sh1t & or Drive insane The Sims/Human characters

The game for its age does hold up well and if you like your horror movies and pop culture there are tons of references from Evil Dead, Ghost Busters, One Flew Over the Cuckoos nest and so forth.

The gameplay as i said is simple in design but tricky in execution not a bad thing. Some people won't belive in ghosts and pass off your scares as nothing more than paranoia others will get a whiff of something strange in there neighbour hood and get the hell out of there.

From what i remember it's on Steam at the moment and shouldn't be too expensive and also comes with a bonus level which was added as a sequel didn't get made

So after my ramble there.

Has anyone else ever played this

Or does anyone have games they dust off for old times sake.

Honourable Mention to Startopia another game i may get out of the pile.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Think it was part of the steam sale which ended yesterday.
    Never really got into it tbh, I might have to dig it out for a second chance now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Yeah I think it was in the Steam sale for about 90c . I got it in the last one. Still haven't played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I bought it in the Steam sale (less than a quid!) and was loving it, but unfortunately like others have encountered the ATI "basement is pitch black" bug (http://ghostmaster.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=tech&action=display&thread=2640) Might start playing it on my nVidia-equipped laptop.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Never had that issue myself

allanb49 wrote: »
    Never had that issue myself

Which card and OS do you have? Seems to be related to the ATI HD**** series on Windows 7.

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

using vista cant remember which card, but its worked on all 3 pcs i've had through the years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is it like a more advanced version of Haunting, for the Megadrive?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Is it like a more advanced version of Haunting, for the Megadrive?

Reading the Wikipedia page of that game, it sounds like more of an action title than Ghost Master, which is more a (non-hardcore) strategy game - at least, you control multiple characters. Good fun.

EDIT: Here's a gameplay vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyIy7SPcaU0

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I never found it all that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I grabbed this in the Steam sale as well, only played the first few levels but im really loving it. Cant believe i never heard of this game before. Brilliant game, its really a lot of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

oceanclub wrote: »
    Reading the Wikipedia page of that game, it sounds like more of an action title than Ghost Master, which is more a (non-hardcore) strategy game - at least, you control multiple characters. Good fun.

EDIT: Here's a gameplay vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyIy7SPcaU0

P.

It actually looks really good. It does remind me of Haunting, but as you said its more simulation based as opposed to cartooney action. Might give this one a go, really looking for something "different" to play lately.

Advertisement