Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxer's first heat

Options
  • 06-07-2010 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Been waiting on my boxer Bailey to go into heat since before christmas and finally she's there now! She's 1yr and 4mths started showing last week and it's a little bit worse now but nothing unmanagable.

I'm just wondering how long after show will she still be in heat for so that I can keep a proper eye on her in case wandering doggies decide to pay her a visit and because I want to book her in for her spay op as soon as I can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

I like to keep a close eye on them for at least 4 weeks to be safe. Spaying is usual done mid season, so around 3 months after she has finished her heat cycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Thanks!
    The only hassle about it is keeping an eye on her. If we leave the house, we leave her outside which she loves, but i'm not going to do that if she's in heat.
    Thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Starlights

If she is 1yr and 4 months, why did you wait for her to come into season before thinking about getting her spayed? After she has come into season you will have to wait a few weeks before getting her spayed

Advertisement