Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Site Design that wont break the Bank

Options
  • 06-07-2010 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hiya!
    Not sure if iam posting in the right place. I am looking to get a web site designed but not to break the bank. Iam only starting a company and cant have massive expense at an early stage. I have bought my .ie and .com name but need the site done. I am not up to speed on all the technical terms used in the design process so would prob not be able to do it myself with those DIY design sites. I will not be selling items on the site it will be mostly information also i would like to have an area to update myself like a blog where i can add pictures and comments.

If any of you have info for me please post.
    Thanks.
    :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

why don't you blog - its fairly straightforward - and interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 16 declanon

Go to Blacknight.ie purchase a linux hosting package (4.95 per month) http://www.blacknight.com/minimus-hosting.html.

Once the hosting is set up you can install WordPress via the auto installer service.

Once Wordpress is installed there are a ton of free and very low cost design themes that you can add to WordPress via the admin area, its very straight forward.

If you run into problems you can feel free to DM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Are you hoping your website will generate revenue for your business or is it simple a website to have a presence?

If it's the latter - there are many companies that will help you out on that front for little or nothing:

www.onmiserve.ie
    www.isoftwebdesign.com
    www.reverbstudios.ie

You could also take other suggestions from the other posts here, but I've a feeling you don't have the skills neccessary to do this? (or am I wrong)

But if you want to take it serious, you really need to invest in a website that will focus on generating a return for your business. Just my two cents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 francophile

Use Wordpress with a professional theme (many themes do not look like trad blogs) - just great for newbies or low budget.

SEO is great out of the box - but can be improved by changing the permalinks to /%postname% and adding the All in one SEO plugin.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

beach1 wrote: »
    Hi if you are still looking to get a website built I can make you one to your specs, I am starteing my own biz maken basic websites but of high quality.

Can't seem to use English or make a site of any quality, is that a static html site I spy.

Stear clear of this one I reckon, lacking a bit of experience I would say.

There are loads of freelance website designers out there that I'm sure would help you.

If you wanted to do loats of it yourself I would say use blacknight and appvault install of wordpress and take it from there. Sounds harder than it is.

When you say low budget what have you in mind that way I may be able to suggest a designer that can help you out. For the most part when it comes to design you get what you pay for.

Adrian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Can't seem to use English or make a site of any quality, is that a static html site I spy.

Stear clear of this one I reckon, lacking a bit of experience I would say.

There are loads of freelance website designers out there that I'm sure would help you.

If you wanted to do loats of it yourself I would say use blacknight and appvault install of wordpress and take it from there. Sounds harder than it is.

When you say low budget what have you in mind that way I may be able to suggest a designer that can help you out. For the most part when it comes to design you get what you pay for.

Adrian

I'd say that it is now a year later she is sorted.

Advertisement