Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker mods abusing their position and showing favouritism to fellow mods

Options
  • 06-07-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Everytime i post a reply to any thread on the poker forum wether it is serious or in jest Koolkid comes in behind me every time and contradicts whatever i say. He insists in posting in a very condesending way toward me and i reply in the only way that a condesending prick should be replied to and thats with ignorance.
    The problem is this condesending prick is a mod in another forum and whenever we engage in posting back at each other he runs to the poker mods like the coward that he is and gets me banned .

In my opinion the poker mods Hyzepher and r3nu4l are showing favouritism to another mod and should be banned themselves for abusing their position and the prick that is koolkid should also be banned for constantly and purposely posting behind me just to get a reaction from me so he can run a tell tales to his little mod buddies and all have a little laugh .

If i am banned for being abusive then thats fine and i accept that as a rule of boards and i should know better . But i also expect fairness and what is happening here is far from it . If this is the way that Boards.ie let things run and let mods loose to do whatever they want then im not surprised people are moving to other forums.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Have you discussed this with the mods of the forum, and subsequently with the Category Mods?

These should be your two first ports of call. If you've already done so, let me know what the outcome was.

For the record though...
    DAMO72 wrote: »
    i reply in the only way that a condesending prick should be replied to and thats with ignorance.

No, thats not the only way, and its pretty-much guaranteed going to repeatedly land you in trouble.
    condesending prick ... coward ...the prick ...
    This post wasn't a reply to anyone, but its already littered with what you termed "ignorance".

Would it be too much to ask for a bit more civility?

(Edit - I see you've been site-banned by another admin for the abuse in this thread. See what I mean about repeatedly landing you in trouble?)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hi Bonkey, I'm the CMod in question and I banned him from Poker this morning for continued abuse of another poster.

The fact that that other poster is a mod on other forums bears absolutely no relevance, if DAMO72 had abused a regular user in the same fashion then I'd have banned him for that too. I know the popular opinion in some circles is that mods look after one another but if any mods do that, I'm not one of them.

Before DAMO was sitebanned I was in the middle of composing a PM to him:
    r3nu4l wrote:
    Hiya Damo,

Just a quick comment before too many people read that post. You should remove the bit where you call Koolkid a 'condesending prick'. That in itself is personal abuse and isn't allowed. It really won't help your case at all :(
    Looks like I was too late. Hopefully when he comes back he'll be less abrasive.

For the record the 2 week ban was issued for continuous abuse. Here are some examples:

Red card

Abuse

More abuse

I know that DAMO feels that koolkid has been condescending towards him but if that was the case then he should have contacted the Poker mods to ask them to look into it.

I think that's pretty clear-cut so won't be replying again. Whatever the final decision is I'll happily conform.

Advertisement