Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

corgette plants breaking

Options
  • 06-07-2010 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi- I need help with my corgettes please. I have 3 plants in a large veg planter (pot basically). They are starting to bear small corgettes now but the stems seem to have fallen over all to one side of the pot & some are breaking now. Is it too late to move the plants to their own pot or does anyone know what I should do to stop them breaking. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

haze, wrote: »
    Hi- I need help with my corgettes please. I have 3 plants in a large veg planter (pot basically). They are starting to bear small corgettes now but the stems seem to have fallen over all to one side of the pot & some are breaking now. Is it too late to move the plants to their own pot or does anyone know what I should do to stop them breaking. Thanks

The weight of the fruits is pulling the plant over the side of the pot, causing the breaking.
    I would dig a hole in the lawn / garden deep enough to sink the pot. Then courgettes will lie on the ground, and not put too much weight on the plant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 haze,

Thanks for posting. I have no lawn unfortunatly- only patio. Maybe some upturned pots around the corgette pots would support the plants in the same way? I'm a total novice when it comes to all this!!!

Advertisement