Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Product in Aldi

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 purple123

That looks brilliant will def buy one. i shop in aldi tullow will be over to get one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

purple123 wrote: »
    That looks brilliant will def buy one. are they just in carlow i shop in tullow can i get them there?
    Any Aldi shop will have them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The Aldi irish red ale is Carlow made too. The Carlow brewing co. make it afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭madheaded

The Aldi irish red ale is Carlow made too. The Carlow brewing co. make it afaik.

Its brewed in bagenalstown good stuff too its called o haras in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

madheaded wrote: »
    Its brewed in bagenalstown good stuff too its called o haras in tesco

No, thats their standard stuff (O Haras / Curim / O Haras Red). They brew the Aldi brand Irish ale too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

obviously the inventer was feedup having his items scanned through and thrown at him at 90kph into his trolley. I still dont understand why they do this??

Their site FAQ's said something to do with staff productivity etc etc but come on a bit of loading time would not go a stray :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Villain wrote: »
    Just an FYI really but Aldi have a nice product this week which I believe comes from a Carlow inventor, great idea and nice to support a local inventor:

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_13391.htm

ingenius product - why was it not invented before?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Its always the simple things!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

tombull82 wrote: »
    obviously the inventer was feedup having his items scanned through and thrown at him at 90kph into his trolley. I still dont understand why they do this??

Their site FAQ's said something to do with staff productivity etc etc but come on a bit of loading time would not go a stray :mad:

I think the idea is you are supposed to take the shopping over to the shelf at the window behind the tills and pack your bags there but I'm no expert mind. A case of stella and pack of jellies doesn't take much packing, thats the extent of my Lidl shopping these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I still dont understand why they do this??

They have a strict dominatrix hiring policy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

obviously the inventer was feedup having his items scanned through and thrown at? him at 90kph into his trolley. I still dont understand why they do this??

it is amazing how productivity drops off at the till when they start rushing me! I start a union backed work to rule picking up each item and looking at it before placing it carefully into my trolley! Then I don't pay until the last item is in the trolley and I then go rummaging through my change! Great product but I can't see it being used by myself with only a bag of shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Trolley bags sold out on 2 hours at Aldi stores.

Created by Tullow person and seems it will be rolled out in all Aldi stores europewide soon.

http://www.trolleybags.ie/story.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

This was discussed on Ian Dempseys Up Starts this morning on today FM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

All sold nationwide, and Aldi seem to have a monopoly on the product can't see anyplace online or offline to buy them.

Advertisement