Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The other half and your shooting!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

LOL thats the shot, good man dCorbus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Breaking my heart laughing at you lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Im grand my woman has been doing beating since she could walk, Well she goes down and moans to the game keeper about the cold, walking, toilets, food, I head off to my land and bang away till its time to collect her, At that stage she too tired to be getting onto me, he he:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

My wife thinks its cruel, she wants nothing to do with it.

My kids on the other hand are mad for it and eat everything I shoot (thats edible). she has no interest in it at all at all, all the better maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Mine loves clays (twice a week) as well as walked up stuff in season plus crows etc.. as appropriate. Has own over and under, picked it herself. Can beat a lot of the lads in the club at clays. Loves the social side of it and traveling to competitions etc.. Likes to cook and eat game, just dont ask her to prepare it!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Simple solution to this;
    1]Date /marry only chicks that love hunting or shooting.Good stompin ground for this is the USA,especially the "proper" bit South of the Mason Dixon line.:D:D:D.If I was a younger man,I'd be movin...Hmmm well maybe not too late.
    2]Make it a point in your relationship of stating you are a hunter/gunowner/whatever as early as possible.And you are not going to change or be "changed" on this point either.Women,I never understand this marry a guy and then say "ill change him or his ways.Why TF did you marry him then???Thats part of the package of the guy,he hunts,shoots,fishes,or whatever.I dont date a girl ,marry her and then say "honey,your boobs are too small, we are getting you a nice enlargement.??":eek: If you cant accept each other with your individual faults and virtues and need to change them,it isnt going to work out from the word go.
    3] Involve them as much as possible.Dont think twice about gutting game or whatever..I get the odd "Ah thats cruel... "comment
    my response is,"well the steak you bought today was a cute cow 48 hours ago".Ever since those two foxes bit that kid in the UK,she has suddenly realised foxie woxie isnt THAT cute anymore.:rolleyes: She has been out deer hunting with me,but just cant take the gutting of anything.And her wanting to be a nurse!:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

my woman used to do the lamping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

a friend of the womans family offered a few times to bring me to the midlands and i declined thinkin it wasnt my thing. she told me to give it a go "sure you probalaly wont like it but give it a go". she regets sayin that now cause im still going three years on..... she just gave up complainin:D:D

tommy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

There is always the ultra simplistic approach .........................:D

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

ezridax wrote: »
    There is always the ultra simplistic approach .........................:D

I love and hate women!:D:D:D

I don't want her in my sport, Just like I would not interfere in hers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

My girlfriend loves having a shot with my .22 every now and then, she will never be into the hunting aspect of it i.e:
    "where were you wally?" "out shooting for rabbits" "did you kill any?" "no not a one in fact I specifically missed 4 of them!;)" "yay go the bunnies"
    She often gets me bits of gear for presents and stuff, I think I'm lucky though by the sounds of it!

My girlfriend loves having a shot with my .22 every now and then, she will never be into the hunting aspect of it i.e:
    "where were you wally?" "out shooting for rabbits" "did you kill any?" "no not a one in fact I specifically missed 4 of them!;)" "yay go the bunnies"
    She often gets me bits of gear for presents and stuff, I think I'm lucky though by the sounds of it!

And she likes shiney stainless steel rifles like a VSSF II maybe you should get a barrel off one?;)

I made a girl cry once when i dispatched a pheasant hit by a car in front of her eyes :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

And she likes shiney stainless steel rifles like a VSSF II maybe you should get a barrel off one?;)

I made a girl cry once when i dispatched a pheasant hit by a car in front of her eyes :D:D:D

I'd prob have to buy it off some cowboy altogether no thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If she keeps holding on to that slide like that she might find the gun isn't cocked properly and will misfire when she ever gets attacked by a full tin of hotdogs or God forbid a banana plantation...:D

And as for my missus, she loves the .22 hornet Anschutz, doesn't like the shotties as too heavy and too hard on the shoulder but last time she was in a gun shop with me she picked up a nice little 16 bore s/s she liked....Churchill or Boss can't remember...'t was only about half my years wages...next Christmas love, no bother.

As for the hunting part of it, she has no problem whatsoever and even encourages the kids to go out "so they know meat doesn't grow on trees or styrofoam platters". When I'm cleaning game the two lads are very keen to watch and always full of questions. The little girl goes yuk and when the pheasant, rabbit or pigeon is on the table she'll always ask if all the "crap" is really out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

My wife doesn't mind the shooting as she shoots herself (she has a perazzi mx8) Its all the shootings mags thrown about the house that freak her out :D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

I met my better half in a rifle club, so she doesn't have any issues with shooting. :) She doesn't shoot any more, though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Im lucky in a way.
    Shes a city girl and loves all animals but dosnt mind me shooting. She wouldnt come but she knows i was into it before i met her. The only problem is she moved to the country for me and dosnt like being left alone at night so lamping is awkward. She listens to my stories when i come back even though shes d rather not hear about x bunny i shot at y amount of yards. Should be thankful i suppose as some of the mates have been with the nicest of girls but shooting got in the way

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Im lucky in a way.
    Shes a city girl and loves all animals but dosnt mind me shooting. She wouldnt come but she knows i was into it before i met her. The only problem is she moved to the country for me and dosnt like being left alone at night so lamping is awkward. She listens to my stories when i come back even though shes d rather not hear about x bunny i shot at y amount of yards. Should be thankful i suppose as some of the mates have been with the nicest of girls but shooting got in the way

Aye, definitely. If you can get your mitts on a good one who doesn't have a problem with it or supports it, keep hold of them. It's a giant pain in the arse otherwise. I'm tempted to bill myself as a target shooter only half the time. That fatal question "Do you shoot animals?" has been a torpedo on the horizon before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

My brothers girlfriend said yesterday if she sees me shooting rabbits she will report me!! when i told her they are vermin and have to be shot to keep numbers down ect she said no its animal cruilty:confused: lol seriously how do you deal with these people???!! think the girlfriend is startin to come round tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

seriously how do you deal with these people?
    You don't. You talk to them instead. And if they don't change their mind, well, that's life for you. I mean, if people weren't allowed disagree with other people, we would be pretty stuffed.

That said, I found that venison and pheasant pot pie went a long way to changing my mother's thoughts on the subject :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Sparks wrote: »
    You don't. You talk to them instead. And if they don't change their mind, well, that's life for you. I mean, if people weren't allowed disagree with other people, we would be pretty stuffed.

That said, I found that venison and pheasant pot pie went a long way to changing my mother's thoughts on the subject :D

I agree totally just wanted to share:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

thank god mine doesnt mind, she wouldn't like to see a rabbit/fox shot but doesn't mind me doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

My wife doesn't agree with me shooting bunnies pheasant etc but she likes to eat 'em :confused: Women eh :p She doesn't want me shooting foxes so I don't tell her when I do, simple :D

One of my daughters is a confirmed fur hugger :D

The other two have an open mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

One of my daughters is a confirmed fur hugger :D

Get a fox skin cured for her!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

patsat wrote: »
    Get a fox skin cured for her!:p

That would be dangerous on 2 x counts :p:D

I got asked why i shoot bunnys whilst on holidays by a friend. He thought it was cruel, yet showed us a video of him 'playing' with a a grub, caterpillar thing with a cig lighter:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It took Ella to explane about eating them etc. To he replied "Oh thats ok i suppose". As if i needed his permission, sack

Dusty87 wrote: »
    I got asked why i shoot bunnys whilst on holidays by a friend. He thought it was cruel, yet showed us a video of him 'playing' with a a grub, caterpillar thing with a cig lighter:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It took Ella to explane about eating them etc. To he replied "Oh thats ok i suppose". As if i needed his permission, sack

Good to see you back from Your holidays Dusty !
    I see you brought the weather back with you too ;)

Good to see you back from Your holidays Dusty !
    I see you brought the weather back with you too ;)

Idid in me hole, 38 degrees over there. I actually got a flu. She reckons from drinkin ice cold beer in really warm weather.
    Never got any boar hunting done, have to look into it for next time.

Advertisement