Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque lodge question!

Options
  • 06-07-2010 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    This might seem like a ridiculously stupid question but:

How do I lodge a cheque into my own current account?
    I've never had to do it before and dont want to look like a complete eejit when I go to the bank!

Do I even have to go to my bank or can I do it online?
    (apologies again if thats another stupid question)

Any advice is very much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Go to you bank and fill out your details on a lodgement slip. Then either go to a teller and put it in the fast lodgement box. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Same way you would lodge cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Go up to the counter with your cheque and your lazer card for the account you want to lodge the cheque to. Say to the cashier that you want to lodge it. She will swipe your card - you put in your pin number and thats it lodged. It will take 2-5 days to clear depending on the cheque.

If you dont have your lazer card, go into the bank and fill out a lodgement slip - with your account details/numbers on it and go up to the cashier or put the slip and the cheque in the fast-lodgement envelopes and put it in the box.

You cant lodge cheques online they have to be put through by a cashier.

Advertisement