Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry Plants

Options
  • 06-07-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all,

My wife has been growing strawberry's this year with great success and were really enjoying the spoils.

She has them in pots around the garden and they seem to be doing really well, they do however have creepers coming out of them trying to find new soil etc.

Would cutting these off harm the plant or would it divert extra energy to the main plant instead?

I say cut but my wife disagrees.

Thanks

Joe Dunne
    Bujinkan Portlaoise

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Cut them it wont do the plant any harm.If you want new plants for next year put a 3 inch pot under the little plant that forms on the runner it will grow into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Sue Rocks

Hey guys. Is it too late to start planting these?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

If you cover the runner with a little soil they will actually take root and develop into another plant, which you can then move anywhere. Don't cut them, or they'll die off immediatly though.

Advertisement