Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bricked N95 - Help!

Options
  • 06-07-2010 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hey,
    I've just tried updating the firmware of my N95 8GB (locked to Vodafone) to v20.0.026 using the Nokia Software Updater. The phone disconnected and reconnected itself with about 1 minute remaining (I presumed it was restarting and that this was normal) but then I got an error message and now the phone looks like it's bricked. Just a blank white screen. From doing a quick google search it looks like the phone now has an incomplete OS and is useless.
    Can anyone tell me if there's anywhere in town (Dublin) that can fix it for me? I'm presuming the Vodafone store won't be able to help?
    Thanks

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

There's a Nokia Repair Centre (not sure if that's the exact name, but it does nokia repairs anyway) just off Grafton St. As you're walking down from St. Stephen's Green, take your first right, it's the street with Eddie Rockets on it, and it should be on the left hand side of that street(South Anne Street).

I had a problem with the speaker for my N95 a before and they were a great help. Probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

i doubt its bricked, and reinstalling the firmware yourself will sort it. You might need to do a hard reset first

Advertisement