Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Transfer to new console using USB

• 06-07-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here tried this – using a USB device to move your profile/save games to a new machine?

Also, I'd like to give my one machine to a friend. Is there anything I have to do to erase all settings (after I use the transfer DRM tool on Microsofts site)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I asked the xbox support twitter about transfering stuff with a usb to a new console and they said you can do it, no problem.

Once you use the drm thing just delete all your stuff and make sure none of your personal info is left on the console. Don't think you'll need to do anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Thanks rizzla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

My mate did it with an external hard-drive, said it was handy, best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

How does it work? I put in my usb stick into the xbox and I can just save all my downloads, game saves etc onto it and then just put the usb into the new xbox then?

How do you transfer over your gamertag?

Speaking of usb sticks. Anyone know a cheap place to pick up one with plenty of memory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

joe123 wrote: »
    How does it work? I put in my usb stick into the xbox and I can just save all my downloads, game saves etc onto it and then just put the usb into the new xbox then?

How do you transfer over your gamertag?

Speaking of usb sticks. Anyone know a cheap place to pick up one with plenty of memory?

Yeah, that's it really. You just move your profile from the hard drive to the USB too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

joe123 wrote: »

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives (see the top of the page for details on getting an extra 20% off).

Advertisement