Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to waterford

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

hey OP just buy a mansion in clontarf , as you can see we are all mental down this way !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Stay away from Larchville, Lisduggan and Ballybeg. I've being living in one of those areas all me life, and they are populated by scumbags and druggies.

80% of people who live their incidentally are the most soundest out people you could meet. Unfortunately the other 20% makes life a misery for us all. Gardaí don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Sully wrote: »
    Only because the last batch of students left, so they are looking for new students to rent out houses. :)

Ah Sully... These ads were in place at some houses while the students were here. They're not filling them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

I think Ferrybank was unfairly mentioned here - one incident does not make a war zone! I live just outside it and have never been robbed, attacked or anything else in the 31 years I've been here. You can't tar a whole community because of the actions of a few scummy families who live in the council estates. Fair enough you should avoid Ard Daire and Abbeybeg but the Rockshire Road, Abbey Road and Abbey Park are very nice areas. Just my 2 cents :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

hey guys moving down yer way meself:D from limerick but im sure ill be forgiven lol heading to college as a mature student and looking at renting.

what is the rent like down yer way?? i dont wanna talk to landlords until i have an idea if im been ripped off. looking at a few apartments in the city center and a couple places up by dunmore rd. whats dunmore road like??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Icky Thump wrote: »
    hey guys moving down yer way meself:D from limerick but im sure ill be forgiven lol heading to college as a mature student and looking at renting.

what is the rent like down yer way?? i dont wanna talk to landlords until i have an idea if im been ripped off. looking at a few apartments in the city center and a couple places up by dunmore rd. whats dunmore road like??

City center apartments in decent nick for about €450p/m, The dunmore road is a nice area but rents usually €600-850p/m but the traffic can be a bit crazy at the usual times.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dayshah wrote: »
    Did some deliveries to a shop in Farran Park. Local 13 year old scumbags used to throw stones at us.

Used to live in a house, at the back of the house was farren park.

Had a few things stolen, also numerous times saw scumbags snooping around during the day outside the front of the house.

I wouldn't touch Farren park

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

hi all, i just started college as a mature student and im looking to move down to waterford. would anyone have any info on holly drive, lacken wood or arbor road ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ballybeg, Kilcohan, Larchville and Rathfadden Park are rough enough areas so stay away from there if possible. A lot of places in Waterford have gone rough the last few years, particularly with the springing up of a few estates which house some anti social element and you not knowing who the hell your neighbours are anymore.

Advertisement