Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

880GB Memory Key.

Options
  • 06-07-2010 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

So I picked up a memory key in China that is "supposedly" 880GB.

It is, again "supposedly", a Sony Micro Vault that Sony must have forgotten to tell the rest of the world about!

Any ideas on a quick way to find out how much it really holds? I am transferring data unto it at the moment 52GB and still going.

One thing is for sure its not 880GB but after only paying around €15 for it I have my money's worth at 50GB!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

share the love dude - where would one pick up one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

That's hacked card. You will not know what the real size is until you format it.

If you keep adding files once you hit physical (real) limit your files will get corrupt.

I would recommend you remove your files, do proper full format of the card and then you will see what you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

Found this website and downloaded the software

http://fightflashfraud.wordpress.com/2008/11/24/h2testw-gold-standard-in-detecting-fake-capacity-flash/

Have it running now so will see what it throws up.

nice one, let us know what it comes up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

so did you find out it's limit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

Post www or product info.

Tks,
    Noclee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Even 50GB is impressive for a USB key

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It won't be 50G. They overwrite earlier files once you go past the "real" 4G byte or whatever the real storage is,

no update, guess its only 2Gb stick hacked to report whatever you want.. Lots of them in China.

Advertisement