Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airtricity and bord gais bi-monthly billing (sucks :))

Options
  • 06-07-2010 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

hi, does anyone know, would it be possible to get monthly billing from either airtricity or bord gais?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

I'm with airtricity and I'm billed monthly. I'm on the plan that averages out your costs over the year, can't remember what it's called though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

oh yeah you're right, it's called the "budget plan" :) and it seems to be the only option.
    i think im gonna stick with the bi-monthly and start submitting regular meter readings instead. thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

electron wrote: »
    hi, does anyone know, would it be possible to get monthly billing from either airtricity or bord gais?
    Ha! Be aware. I am with Airtricity for electricity on their Airtricity Budget Plan. Same as ESB since you can spread your payments over the year. I was on the same type of plan with Bord Gais for gas. Then, last week a door2door canvasser for Airtricity called offering cheaper gas. Woohoo, sez me, so I signed up. Today I get a letter that since I am now, lucky me, a "Dual Fuel" customer my Airtricity Budget Plan has now been rmoved and I can pay for consumption as I use it. Great, no bills in the summer and massive bills in the winter. I rang them and basically was told some cock'n'bull story about them not knowing how to predict gas usage. So I cancelled my gas supply and went back to my Budget Plan on elec. The guys attitude told me he was having a lot of hassle over this. No wonder.

Advertisement