Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New website launch!

• 06-07-2010 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,
    Im new here and looking forward to getting to know some like minded people in this forum. Ive just re launched my website and would love some feedback.
    Looking froward to hearing from you.
    Siobhan
    http://www.siobhanbyrnephotography.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I like it, I like simple websites :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Really like the site :)

simples.bmp

And welcome to this one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I like the site, it has a nice "crisp and clean" feel to it.

One small point, when I was looking at thumbnails of the weddings I notice that a few of the shots looked like they had been cropped in a weird way for example on the first page in the bottom right, the you boy carrying what I assume are the rings, in the thumbnail his head is cropped out, of course when I click on it, I can see the full image. But my first reaction to the thumbnail was, that's odd - it would be so much nicer if we could see the child's face.

thumbs_img_4277.jpg

There were a two others similar to that:
    thumbs_mg_6707-copy.jpg

thumbs_131.jpg

As I say, a small point, best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

hi Siobhan,

I was looking at your site last night as matter of fact!! Well done, lovely work.

Where about are you in Wicklow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Lovely :)

On a very quick glance - the main image on the front page (lady on a bike) is loading down the page for me - even on a 10 meg line. It might cause issues with people still in dial up land - I'd compress it a bit better. And you don't have alt text on a lot of your images. Just the original file names. You're losing a lot of potential google hits there..

Nice site though! And welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

yup, lovely site! welcome, welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Welcome Siobhan, site is looking very clean and easy to navigate.
    Looking forward to seeing some of your work around here.

Advertisement