Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renting bike Spain

• 06-07-2010 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all im just wondering what licence do you need to rent a moped bike or quad over in majorca. I have a provisional bike and car licence and my friend has full car licence but no bike one. Will we be able to rent these. Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Was looking into the same thing myself, some stuff I've been told:

Mopeds (under 50cc) can be rented legally with a full car drivers license.
    Bigger CC bikes can be rented legally with a full bike license that's been valid for at least two years. (Or one year, depending on who you ask)
    In a lot of touristy areas, you might get away with renting scooters / quads without licenses, but if you were in an accident, there might be insurance / legal issues.

Edit: To add to the above, it's probably like a lot of tourist spots - the official information is that it's quite strict, but when you get to the place there's a hundred and one little places offering rental of whatever you like, as long as you hand over your passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You need to check your travel insurance. The majority don't cover you if you crash a motorbike and since all are different you need to see what size bike you are covered on. You can purchase extra cover to ride bikes with some companies, but you most definately need to licenced to ride it if you want them to pay out.

Advertisement