Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legend of Legaia

Options
  • 06-07-2010 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭

How amazing was that game? One of the truely good branch offs of the Final Fantasy franchise

thoughts and views please...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Brendog wrote: »
    How amazing was that game? One of the truely good branch offs of the Final Fantasy franchise

thoughts and views please...

Why not give your thought and view on the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I thought the game was very enjoyable, adventurous and above all addicting......The graphics weren't much for the time but the battle sequences were very simple rules and with the ability of numerous power-ups and discovery of new more powerful moves(depending what sequence of buttons you put in) made the game interesting.

I haven't played it since I was 7 but I discovered a copy of it being sold online.

and then the nostalgia hit in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Branch off from the Final Fantasy series? It's got nothing to do with Final Fantasy and was made my a seperate company.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Graphics and transitions look alot like FF7...bit of jumping on the band wagon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thought it was pretty poor at the time, not Granstream Saga bad, but still pretty poor. Haven't gone back to it since then though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

bonkers fighting system.

there'd be 3 weak monsters, and you'd need to do entire combos on each one instead of spreading out the pain.

lovely cahracter development though, and it had that rare charm certain RPG's have which make all the flaws not matter too much..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rented it a few yrs ago and did'nt like,then rented the sequel and did'nt like that either :/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Hush Cat

I remember this. It did borrow a lot from FF7 which was all the rage around this time. I also remember PS mag pointing this out too. Still though, I remember enjoying it. The downside though was that the graphics were'nt all that for a 3D game and the prerenders looked a lot worse than FF. Some point I think late last year, I saw it again and actually thought there was an issue with the graphics when it showed the main village because it looked so bad. Graphics imo definitely didn't age well.

There's a second one on the PS2 and the same mate of mine who put the first one back on for a brief re-visit, keeps nagging me to go through Legaia2.

Advertisement