Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a cheque made out from my account?

Options
  • 06-07-2010 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

I have a current account with BOI, I never received a cheque book with this account, and up until today had no great need for one.

Is it possible to go into my local branch today and have someone issue me with a cheque to send onto a third party?

I know I could go the bank draft route, but I'd prefer to be able to make out a cheque for free if possible.

What's the cheapest way to send someone money from my account, other than EFT?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

A draft is the easiest way. BOI may do temp chq books but the Government stamp duty is 50c a chq so for a one of payment the draft would be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

+1 go for a bank draft - its the easiest way.

If you ask for temporary cheque they may send you out a full book which is pretty expensive if you never use them.

Or you could give the money to someone else who has a cheque book and get them to write out the cheque for you. Of course this is a riskier option!!

Go with the bank draft.

Advertisement