Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

child friendly digital camera available?

• 06-07-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    is there a child friendly digital camera available? I have a 3 yaer old, she likes to take photos with my compact but I don't want it to end up broken.
    Ideally duarable, big buttons and only a few basics.

Cheers,
    pa.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I think there's a fisher price one. Very low res though, VGA I think. About as useful as the cam on a nintendo dsi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

steve06 wrote: »
    I think there's a fisher price one. Very low res though, VGA I think. About as useful as the cam on a nintendo dsi.

Not sure the pixel count matters to a 3 year old! ;)

Amazon have a few, http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=childs+digital+camera&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=5928807781&ref=pd_sl_zuay8riju_e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

http://www.toys.ie/Little-Tikes-Picture-Me-Digital-Camera-girls-!E06227-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=17f54d4b-be57-4e19-83db-93287ddb7d57

was €34.99 now €24.99

E06227_M.jpg
    This high tech, durable construction, and Little Tikes brand Camera
    makes this the ideal first camera for any child. Features 128MB
    storage for 1000 pictures, 1.3" Colour LCD Screen, auto-flash, simple menu structure, and large buttons that give it an edge in usability
    and specifications. With rubber handles and dual-view finders
    make taking a picture a snap! Play back photos on the LCD screen or PC. Includes USB Cable and wrist strap. Batteries require

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

My nephew had the fischer price one. I went looking for one myself and found the likes of the hello kitty and that were at least 20euro dearer and had less pixels so fischer price seemed like the best one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I got a fisher price one for my 4 year old last xmas. Very poor resolution and onboard memory only, no SD/CF slots. She loved it,though.:cool:

Vtech also have a digital camera with built in games..might be worth checking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Nforce wrote: »
    I got a fisher price one for my 4 year old last xmas. Very poor resolution and onboard memory only, no SD/CF slots. She loved it,though.:cool:

Vtech also have a digital camera with built in games..might be worth checking out.

The Vtech one is perfect for a 3-6 year old (even an oldie like me). Who cares about the quality. It will just be a bit of fun and there are some games on the camera as well. perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Just buy the cheapest digital camera you can. When we got a new point and shoot camera we just gave our two year old the old one and he played with it until he smashed it to bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

I picked up a 50euro Vivitar Point and shoot in Argos around Christmas time for my sister. Has a memory card slot, 5mp screen on the back only buttons were shutter, zoom and play I think. Tiny thing, looks like its made of plastic but it may suit.

Now down to 30euro and also available in Pink

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5592678/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CPhotography%7C14419436.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

I got my son a d3x - it's too big for his little hands, so I use it from time to time.

(not really, he got a v-tec one and loves it.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement