Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caught by the Gardai with Cannabis - what happens next?

• 06-07-2010 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Myself and one other friend were caught by the gardai to be in possession approx 50 euro (under 5 grams) of cannabis. I'm over 18 and have no previous strikes or records. I was told that I would receive court summons in the post for a court date in 5 months or so. What I want to know is will I receive court summons? If so what does this entail and what can I expect to happen in court and afterwards?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Croc

Yes you are most likely to recieve a summons in the next number of months.

It will contain details of the offence most likely Section 3 Misuse of Drugs Act also know as simple possession i.e. for you own use, it will also contain details of the Location date and time of the court.

If you are convicted hard to say depends on the Judge and they all differ, but most likely fine of €50 to €200 for first offence, could be more or could be less that is about the average.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement