Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is James Toney mad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ta2liam

i think he is gas, did u hear him calling David Haye gay haha He is defo doin it to hype the fight sure all he was saying was "pay ur $59.50" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

He is mad but is also hyping the fight,
    a promoters dream tbh..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

cowzerp wrote: »
    He is mad but is also hyping the fight,
    a promoters dream tbh..

I think the gay thing was a bit OTT, look what happened to Dana over it!

I think the gay thing was a bit OTT, look what happened to Dana over it!

thats mild for toney to be straight out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

thats mild for toney to be straight out

lol, yeah I guess it is.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

King Mo actually admitted Toney tapped him in training how awesome is that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

Maybe it wont be so one sided if it goes to the ground so. Wouldn't mind if it turned out to be a decent fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

rovert wrote: »
    King Mo actually admitted Toney tapped him in training how awesome is that. :D
    is that a joke?

i actually wouldn't be suprised with that statement due to king mo no having any ground game when he gets someone there.(great takedown artist and striker though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

This should be fun. Hopefully Randy toys with him for a couple of rounds, then kills him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

At 2:30 he said he was training with 'King Mo Mousasi'. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

At 2:30 he said he was training with 'King Mo Mousasi'. :pac:

that says it all, hope he gets ridiculed on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

ariel - "david haye says your delusional for fighting mma"
    toney - "he's gay"
    ariel - "ok"

funniest answer ever. he sounds like he's trying to talk with a tennis ball in his mouth, i hope he gets smashed by randy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

He is very punch drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

It is scary how punch drunk he is. I cannot see any other outcome other than Couture winning in the first round. Should be entertaining anyway.

"I wanted Chuck Lidell but he was all scared and nervous" HAHAHAHAHA!!

A GUY WITH 12 LOSSES IS A LEGEND. AIN'T THAT A BITCH? LOOK AT THIS MAN HERE

Dude has a point

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OLDMAN1

im not saying that Toney is going to win , but i think a few of you could get a surprise!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

How will the smaller gloves benefit a boxer with very strong punches?

Following on how is his hands? Has he broken them before for example?

a boxer used to fighting in 10oz gloves then puts on 4 oz gloves and he can punch a bit faster due to the less weight he's carrying, apart from that it's much the same as boxing gloves, they do cut people easier also so thats another benefit..

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OLDMAN1

if i had to make the choice, i would rather a smack in the mouth with a 10 oz boxing glove than a 40oz mma glove, but thats just me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Rorymac7

I think Toney might put up a fight for a round then he'll gas and Randy will win by ref stoppage or sub. I do think Toney has a point about Chuck though, not that he was scared but there was no way Dana was letting Chuck into a cage with Toney. Chucked would've tried to stand with him and got sparked. A boxer with Toney's experience and skill hitting with a 4oz glove is a pretty frightening thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 steveoracle

as a fish....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

a boxer used to fighting in 10oz gloves then puts on 4 oz gloves and he can punch a bit faster due to the less weight he's carrying, apart from that it's much the same as boxing gloves, they do cut people easier also so thats another benefit..
    A boxer could possibly do more damage/impact with the smaller gloves couldn't they? I think I remember either Goldberg or Rogan talking about it years ago during a Couture fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Try it in training. Punching speed in 4oz gloves >>> punching speed in 16oz gloves (for example). I can't see Randy staying in the pocket here, he'll close Tony down, hold him against the cage and wear him out (which shouldn't take long) before he does any standing and trading (if he does any). I actually think he'll look to take Tony down against the cage and put a Tito/Belfort-esque beatdown on him with elbows until he's mentally done.

Tony's a brave guy for taking this fight under UFC rules - I've always said I'd rather be knocked out clean or submitted than to be lying down with Randy in my half-guard elbowing the crap out of me for 15 minutes...

A boxer could possibly do more damage/impact with the smaller gloves couldn't they? I think I remember either Goldberg or Rogan talking about it years ago during a Couture fight.

By Damage, if you mean cuts, bruises etc then i'd say most definetly-as far as knocking people out, it's not worth talking about as the gloves wont make much difference to be honest.

As someone who has done both does the change in gloves "put you off your game so to speak" for any amount of time or do you get used to it in a day or so?

rovert wrote: »
    As someone who has done both does the change in gloves "put you off your game so to speak" for any amount of time or do you get used to it in a day or so?

It takes a little getting used too but a few days using them on pads, bags etc and they feel ok, i use them all the time now bar sparring in Boxing, wear MMA sparring gloves in MMA class and MMA fight gloves on bags an all so they dont feel strange at all.

it's worth noting that Pro boxing gloves are very hard and 10oz is the heaviest they go, most of them ounces are not in the knuckles either so it's not that big a difference as people think, sparring gloves tend to have softer padding and that makes sense for sparring..

Advertisement