Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Logic Automation Tip

Options
  • 06-07-2010 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

Found this out by complete accident recently & thought I'd share with all who don't know already (I didnt.. so thats why I'm just posting it on the Forums I use)

On the top of the main page, press the Automation Icon or A on your Keyboard.

Now..

Keeping Alt pressed & scroll with your mouse ball - up & down / Left & right, will push the size of the channels taller / shorter or will result in lengthening / narrowing of your view..

So, if you have A switched on - you'll see the Automation lanes open in front of you on the Arrange.

Alt & Scrolling up will make them fold back into the regular channel lanes.

When you want to do some Automation stuff, Alt & scroll down to reveal the lanes.

Once there, hit ESC to bring up the Tool Menu.

Theres a couple of different ways to do this, but this looks to be the fastest as I normally use Alt to focus in on the areas that I want to work in anyway.

Also - dont forget.. Using Ctrl and the Mouse Scroll zooms in.

Advertisement