Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor Screed Prices (Self level & sand cement)

Options
  • 06-07-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi
    What is the best price out there for self-leveling floor screed?
    What type of strength is required to go on top of underfloor heating on a domestic build.

Also

What is the best price for sand & cement floor screed?

I have roughly 310m2 to cover with about 55mm thinkness.

Thanks in advance to all contributers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

I paid €600, 2 guys, their own power float, 75mm sand/cement/polyfiber reinforcement, 150sqm, in Limerick. Materials extra obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FergusD

For what it's worth, there seem to be at least two types of self levelling screed:

a). Cement based - cheaper, can't go as thin, not as conductive (but % wise is this significant?)
    b). Alpha Hemi Hydrate - or some other peculiar compound, possibly based on ash from power stations. Dearer, can go down thinner, more conductive, can't be used in wetrooms.

For me, the lowest price difference I got between the two was 3 Euro/sq metre and can't see why you'd go for the dearer one if you had the depth for the floor (>45mm). I'm somewhere around 11 Euro/sq metre for a cement based screed at 50mm but don't have the figures on me.

On the self levelling vs. other debate, I came down on the self levelling side as I'm looking to glue down wooden floors and tile a lot of the house. I figured the extra money was worth it not to have to worry about levelling compound and complaints from fitters!

Regards,

Fergus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mendel

We have a price of 16 euro + vat for self levelling pumped screed per square metre

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

I got a price of 13+vat per sqmt for pumped liquid screed in laois/offaly area...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 blairfontaine

Got a similiar price to voodoo for a new build for an anhydrate build, got many varying prices up to over €20per m2 - very happy so far (screed only in a few weeks)

Mc Colgan was the chap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Just pricing screed myself and the cheapest quote I have got so far is €16.5 per square meter, for a pumped liquid screed.

voodoo could you let me know who you got your quote from.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sky.boy

voodoo. can you pm me with the name of the company where you got the price for the screed. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sky.boy

I just received a quote of 28euro a square metre from a company. big window me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oxo121

Hi all,

What price sand cement floor screed?

Advertisement