Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chickensitting.

Options
  • 06-07-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey

I was wondering if anybody could help me out. I have three chickens, we keep them in the back garden in a coop and let them roam around our garden for an hour or so a day. They are really friendly and like to be held etc.

We are off on holiday for two weeks and we were wondering what to do with them. We have the option of getting various friends, neighbours etc to let them out, lock them in, feed them etc but it seems a bit stressfull as a rota would prob have to be made which sounds really ridiculous and everyone will just think i am even more mad!!

My other friend has about 15 chickens in her garden and they are left to roam freely all day and are well cared for. She has offered to look after my three for the two weeks but i am wondering if they ill fit in ok with the group, also they have a cock so i don't know what problems arise there. Is this a good idea or will it upset them. I have a plan that will help me distinguish which are mine so i'm not orried about that just will they be ok??

Thanks

Niamh

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from the Help Desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I was thinking about getting chickens and but I didn't want to commit to them just incase I coulnd't take care of them - if you were in dublin I would have taken them for the 2 weeks!!!

Advertisement