Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80euro again?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

dCorbus wrote: »
    Right so, you're not giving advice.:rolleyes:
    Looked strangely like advice to me....but I must have been mistaken.

Interesting, me neither:p
    Just voicing my anonymous opinions.
    But then again, I'm not a solicitor nor a barrister.
    You must be - if you take appointments and charge for legal advice.
    So I'll bow to your greater legal expertise.

Citing? There was no citation!
    Citation, footnotes, please.:rolleyes:
    What historical facts?

I stand corrected.

Maybe.........:p:D

I shall put this all to bed in the next few days for the OP and see do I get a Mod for Free ammending my licence of getting an authorisation or what ever I have to do; new application etc!

Who would pay for advice ??;)

Sure that is what Boards is for :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Yep, that's the defence:
    The "Some lads on Boards.ie told me I'd be grand"-defence :p:D
    Genius!

Have you been arrested for a firearms offence that wasn't your fault?
    Do you need to be dragged out of the sh1t pronto?

Then....

Just call 1800-Firearms-Solicitors-4-U

100% Results Guaranteed

(It just mightn't be the result you were looking for)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Ha ha classic, isn't he interweb sooooo much better than the telly ;):D
    Yep, that's the defence:
    Genius!

Then....

100% Results Guaranteed

Yep, that's the defence:
    Genius!

Then....

100% Results Guaranteed

I was in a seedie bar in Texas once. There was a poster above the urinals, do not talk to the cops, I will get you off a DUI or your money back :D

I get some advice off boards, I get some off mates who shoot, some off govt departments, and try to make the best decesion based on facts available.

lord, it's so funny what €80 can do to a man, sure thats only 10 pints in coppers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

Ha ha classic, isn't he interweb sooooo much better than the telly ;):D

yes yer honour :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

skipz wrote: »
    If i change my gun, what do i need to do with my liencse? Can i bring the new gun home with a different cert or apply again?

I have substituted 3 firearms and done 2 for my father not to mention a few others. The process i followed is outlined below and has worked perfectly for me.

If you intend to apply for a "like for Like" firearm then the FCA 1 is used. Not all the form needs filling in just the following sections.

Section 1 - Application Type - Tick "substitution of firearm" box,
    Section 2.1 - Personal Details - Name, address, DOB, etc,
    Section 2.4 - Previous History - Fill in as appropriate,
    Section 3.1 - Firearm Details - New frearms details here,
    Section 3.3 - source of Fireaerm - Who you are buying from, dealer ID, etc,
    Section 3.4 - Firearm Substitution - Details of your existing (and soon to be replaced) firearm,
    Section 3.5 - Firearm Storage Details - Needs no explaining,
    Section 4.1 - Certificate details - English, ammo amount (useful if you want to increase amount)
    Sections 4.2/4.3/5.1/5.2 - All relating to the use of the firearm - Simply insert the original use of the firearm being replaced.

Sign it and send it. No photos necessary. The whole process should take 14 days. I had all mine back within 11 days (including weekends). Some i know of have taken slightly longer, but personally i haven't heard of anyone i know having to wait more than 3 weeks.

If you are not doing a "like for like" then it is deemed a new application and must have an FCA1 filled in completely. As in changing a shotgun for a rifle.
    Are you changing Like for Like if so its just the FCA 2 and no you wont have to pay another 80 euro

Sorry, but i really do not think this to be the case. An FCA2 is for "amending" or "cancelling" details of a current 3 years license, as in wrong serial number, change of address, sale of firearm, etc, etc. It is not to be used for subtitutions and actually has no section that can be filled in to accomplish this act. It even says in the top right had corner of the FCA2 (just under the title) that the form is not to be used for substitutions : FCA 2.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

^^^^^ What he says!;):D

As I thought - 5 substitutions, he should at least know a bit more about it!;)

I think Ezri should join the Garda reserve and specialize in firearms :)

Why the Reserve?:p

My a**e.

If i want to get spat at, called names both to my face and behind my back, insulted, berated and all for no pay ..............................

.....................I'll go to a family reunion.................. :D:p
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

If i want to get spat at, called names both to my face and behind my back, insulted, berated and all for no pay

Sure, that's just your average Sunday on the range, my man!:D:p:rolleyes:

I knew it, ya big bunch of **********.......................... :D

Seriously, i'm a bit OCD when it comes to forms and paperwork. I rang the FPU, FO and anyone else i thought could help before even filling in any of my application or substitution forms. I also photocopied all applications for my own records before submitting the originals.

I keep all correspondance and where necessary copy important letters. I have a folder about 2 inches thick, but it serves me well when i need to respond, verify, prove anything.

My God, i'm a geek................. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :eek:

Trust me, lads, ezridax is most definitely not joking.....He has everything he says. Just a leeeettle bit OCD indeed!:rolleyes::D

(Although, TBH I'm as bad myself at this stage!:o)
    My God, i'm a geek................. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No, we're the Rifle-nerds as my good lady wife calls us!!

Trust me, lads, ezridax is most definitely not joking.....He has everything he says. Just a leeeettle bit OCD indeed!:rolleyes::D

(Although, TBH I'm as bad myself at this stage!:o)

My work mates refer to it as "social misfits" :D
    I think Ezri would make a great RG ;)

Still not feeling better ................... :)

I think Ezri would make a great RG

Compliment/insult? ........ compliment/insult? .......... compliment/insult?

ezridax wrote: »
    Still not feeling better ................... :)

Compliment/insult? ........ compliment/insult? .......... compliment/insult?

Compliment, would it not be great to have a chap who was efficient as yuor good self at paperwork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Yeah sorry, its from one air rifle to another. I have a air rifle in the shop and iv money still to pay off, 200euro, i cant afford the gun anymore so i want any money(500euro) thats on that gun to go to a cheaper gun. I have the liecens for the first gun so i want to change the liecense over to the gun i can afford. What do i need to do??

Yeah sorry, its from one air rifle to another. I have a air rifle in the shop and iv money still to pay off, 200euro, i cant afford the gun anymore so i want any money(500euro) thats on that gun to go to a cheaper gun. I have the liecens for the first gun so i want to change the liecense over to the gun i can afford. What do i need to do??

Let me get my head around this:

1. You have an air-rifle waiting for collection in the dealers
    2. You have already been granted the licence for this air-rifle
    3. You now no longer want the first air-rifle
    4. You want to get a cheaper air-rifle.

OK - First thing is: Is your dealer happy to give you your deposit back or give you the full credit toward the cheaper air-rifle? Make sure to check that out - You could loose your deposit.

Other than that, should be straightforward albeit a PITA.

Using FCA1, fill it in as per ezridax's advice above - this is definitely a substitution (assuming your "good reasons" are exacting the same and there's no change in circumstances other than you now want to save some monies):
    If you intend to apply for a "like for Like" firearm then the FCA 1 is used. Not all the form needs filling in just the following sections.

Section 1 - Application Type - Tick "substitution of firearm" box,
    Section 2.1 - Personal Details - Name, address, DOB, etc,
    Section 2.4 - Previous History - Fill in as appropriate,
    Section 3.1 - Firearm Details - New frearms details here,
    Section 3.3 - source of Fireaerm - Who you are buying from, dealer ID, etc,
    Section 3.4 - Firearm Substitution - Details of your existing (and soon to be replaced) firearm,
    Section 3.5 - Firearm Storage Details - Needs no explaining,
    Section 4.1 - Certificate details - English, ammo amount (useful if you want to increase amount)
    Sections 4.2/4.3/5.1/5.2 - All relating to the use of the firearm - Simply insert the original use of the firearm being replaced.

Sign it and send it. No photos necessary. The whole process should take 14 days. I had all mine back within 11 days (including weekends). Some i know of have taken slightly longer, but personally i haven't heard of anyone i know having to wait more than 3 weeks.

That's about it in a nut-shell.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭243Xpress

A quick question,Send it to who?Should you give it to the Firearms officer.Thanks in advance.

Yes. Hand it into your firearms officer. Get a receipt and photocopy or scan the completed FCA1 prior to handing it in.

"Send it" is just an expression.

• Advertisement
Advertisement