Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening Cookery Courses in Cork

Options
  • 06-07-2010 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Hello fellow foodies :D

I hope to take up a cookery class this coming September and have been looking around at what's available. Does anyone have any recommendations on cookery courses they've taken themselves in the Cork area?

I was looking at the "Pane e Vino" course in the Ballincollig Community School (http://www.bcsadulted.ie) and I like the sound of it.

I've never take a cookery class before, I LOVE cooking and am mainly doing it for the social aspect.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭maryishairy

I haven't done one myself (yet) but I know there are several schools that run cookery classes at night time during the winter.

Cork college of Commerce usually have a couple (2010 brochure not out yet), as do St. Peters community school in passage west (2010 brochure not out yet) and Ashton School in Blackrock.
    http://www.ashton.ie/adulteducationfolder/brochure2010.pdf

Brennans cookery school should have some too, so keep an eye on their website
    www.cookshop.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Brennans cookery school should have some too, so keep an eye on their website
    www.cookshop.ie

Thanks for that, I tried to do their one off cookery classes but on both occasions it was cancelled because they couldn't get numbers. I was particularly interested in doing their Vietnamese course.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

trotter_inc do you know if the cookery course in ballincollig is just watching someone cook or do you take part? not sure from the site. such a pity about brennans cancelling courses lately, have done some great ones there in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

mimihops wrote: »
    trotter_inc do you know if the cookery course in ballincollig is just watching someone cook or do you take part? not sure from the site. such a pity about brennans cancelling courses lately, have done some great ones there in the past.

My interpretation from the description.....

"Follow a demonstration and cook your own traditional meal from pasta to dessert, with advice on wines to accompany your meal."

...is that it could be a demonstration. If it's just a demo then I don't think I'd go for it to be honest, I could just watch cookery programmes on TV :)

Advertisement