Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From General Science to Radiography/Radiation Therapy?

Options
  • 06-07-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm just trying to get information about how someone doing a General Science Degree would go about doing Radiography? I know someone who is doing general Science (Microbiology as their main subject in final year) but when complete would like to go on to do Radiography.

Has anyone here had any experience of this? What is the best way to go about it both here in Ireland and the UK?

From what I can tell it seems you can do this in either England or Scotland as a postgraduate but it doesn't seem to specify what grades and subjects you would have to have done in your degree to be allowed to entrance to these Postgraduates. Also the fees information isn't very clear, would you be entitled to have any of your fees paid by the same grants etc that operate when you are studying in Ireland?

Has anyone here been in the same situation? How did you fare out and were you able to get work in your chosen area both in Uk and Ireland? Also is there any difference in the postgraduate way of getting into Radiography compared to the BSc Radiography and are graduates of each treated equally? Also how much did it cost??

Hope there's someone out there who can help, Thanks in advance!!

Advertisement