Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

scanner issue on Windows 7

• 06-07-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a new laptop (Windows 7) and I tried to use my scanner on it but it won't recognise it. The scanner is a Visioneer 4800 and according to the Visioneer website the status of this scanner is end of life so there is no support and, apparently, no drivers for it.

Has anyone been able to get around this issue ? The scanner has served me well for a number of years and there's nothing wrong with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Thanks Chin. I had seen this already but, excuse my ignorance, but what is One Touch ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I have this problem with a Canon LiDE 20 scanner - No Windows 7 drivers.

I use Hamrick VueScan now which includes what appears to be a generic driver for older scanners. It supports your old scanner too

http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#visioneer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I've had a similar issue with my old HP printer/scanner/copier. I contacted HP this week, but they were like 'your product is not under warranty anymore; did you look at our amazing website to find a solution?' (well, duh, of course, that is why I emailed you)

Because Windows 7 is 64-bit, there are a lot of products out there that are 32-bit and are just not supported in Win7.
    Or at least the product in question needs some kind of driver to close the gap, but again, it depends on the manufacturer being bothered enough to do that. I've found the HP drivers that came with Win7 aren't really up to much and I still cannot use my printer.

I so wish I didn't upgrade to Win 7 so soon, it has been a massive pain in the arse :mad: I'll check out that link above - thanks chin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Lime, I'd be very interested to hear if this works out for you. Will you let us know ? Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement