Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

girls coming onto guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Yourself wrote: »
    were you checking me out Bumble! ha ha Caught!

I kinda gave the game away there! Guys sometimes presume I'm a dude, because of my user name they think of themselves I suppose :rolleyes:

I cant help it ,if I find you totally fascinating ,ha ha .... BTW you were checking me out first ...na na !

In a bar last night and a nice looking chap came over to our table,with his friend, while a few of us were dancing. I went up to him and shook his arm asking him "are you not dancing with me?" I didnt take all things into account at the time and ended up spilling some of his pint on him! pacman.gif I thought he'd be annoyed and I apologised for it, told him Id buy him another. He just said it was grand, said he might as well dance with me and said "dont worry Im not going to kiss you or anything" (sounded like something he might say if he'd asked me to dance, perhaps him taking over the reigns?!) then when we were dancing he went to kiss me and I said to him "awh you promised!" tongue.gif I then allowed him to proceed though! hee hee! Got a few texts from him today! yay!

Great story ,great example of push /pull and tension.Had a similar one to tell but didn't want to ruin that one:).I'm going looking for my friends sister story I posted way back

No flirting for me only skype flirting ,thats a load of poo !.:(

LL beers is the 14th yaay !.Must get down the old geansai nollaig for that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

irishejit wrote: »
    First of all gr8 thread.......been in work since 7am after 2 weeks off and this has just broken my day in great...only getting to the end now!!!
    Good to hear! :cool:
    Being on topic this has happened me a few times, and as all say earlier its the greatest feeling in the world......(well apart from once, but thats a bit of a Fatal Attraction story that can't be told before the watershed....)
    out with it! :p
    if all else fails...just picture them naked!!!
    not one for the men to try :eek:
    BumbleB wrote: »
    I cant help it ,if I find you totally fascinating ,ha ha .... BTW you were checking me out first ...na na !
    whats all this "ha ha" business?! :D yeh I really was checking you out, who'd blame me?! Rarr! ;)

Great story ,great example of push /pull and tension.Had a similar one to tell but didn't want to ruin that one :).I'm going looking for my friends sister story I posted way back
    Not just a story :) thanks for not ruining my big moment! I wanna know your stories now tho.
    No flirting for me only skype flirting ,thats a load of poo !.:(
    youre wasted on that! is it frenchie you're talking to?
    LL beers is the 14th yaay !.Must get down the old geansai nollaig for that.:)
    is that your ultimate pulling jumper?! or is it this t-shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Just picked up on something mentioned earlier, for the love of Zeus don't feign interest in football to chat up a gauy. It's the most transparent thing in the world, "Wadaya mean Gallas is better than Vermaelen?!" *headbutt*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Galvasean wrote: »
    Just picked up on something mentioned earlier, for the love of Zeus don't feign interest in football to chat up a gauy. It's the most transparent thing in the world, "Wadaya mean Gallas is better than Vermaelen?!" *headbutt*

Ya I would never pretend to be interested in something I wasn't. doesn't mean I wouldn't ask questions if something was brought up. I don't think I could actually manage to seem interested in something I'm not if I wanted to! This may lead to a lack of small talk though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

You know what's a pain in the arse.

Hitting eye contact with beautiful girls at bloody work!

Big no go area for me, but at the moment - very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

DA365 wrote: »
    To hell with that. If you're gonna get caught having a good look, ensure you get caught looking good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

Oh I do :) - but unfortunately it can't go anywhere after the eye contact is broken.

Hence the frustration.

I actually officially give up on men. if any of them want to approach me then fine, but I'm not bothered. It's too much work. I will become assexual. I'm not going to bother with my hair or make up or what I wear. none of it makes the slightest bit of difference anyway.

sick of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

DA365 wrote: »
    You know what's a pain in the arse.

Big no go area for me, but at the moment - very frustrating.

Why a no go area? I met my last girlfriend at work, went out for over 2 years, was never awkward.

• Advertisement

I actually officially give up on men. if any of them want to approach me then fine, but I'm not bothered. It's too much work. I will become assexual. I'm not going to bother with my hair or make up or what I wear. none of it makes the slightest bit of difference anyway.

sick of it!

What happened?

explained to krudler privately, but for the rest of you that I'm sure are oh so interested, it's just a few different things that've happened (being rejected a few too many times) that make me want to not bother any more. but my mood will probably change again in another week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

From the most beautiful people in the world to the ones that would be considered to be ugly,everyone that has put themselves out there with the opposite (or same) sex has gotten rejected,of that I have no doubt.

If you have had a couple of knock backs recently maybe its time you changed your approach.Have a think about the most recent one,are there similarities to previous ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

It really is true what Ned is saying there, I'm quite sure that even the most wanted, talented, beautiful people in the world have all been rejected at some point in their lives, and know exactly how it feels for others. I actually have to be blunt when saying this: it happens, move onwards and upwards!

I used this very saying earlier when talking to a guy I know about something else but it still applies to every aspect in life:

"If you think you've hit bottom, then at least you know you can only climb higher" :D Basically, dont give up...it'll happen:)

nedtheshed wrote: »
    From the most beautiful people in the world to the ones that would be considered to be ugly,everyone that has put themselves out there with the opposite (or same) sex has gotten rejected,of that I have no doubt.

For every rejection, I need 20 pick ups to get me back on track :(
    If you have had a couple of knock backs recently maybe its time you changed your approach.Have a think about the most recent one,are there similarities to previous ones?

the only real similarities are my forwardness, so maybe that is the problem, as has already been suggested. but maybe i just don't know how to be subtle.

I'm just feeling like I'd like someone to be interested in me. someone that I might have a chance being interested in, not just creepy old men and psychopaths... as has been the trend....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

For every rejection, I need 20 pick ups to get me back on track :(

TBH thats a deeper issue,you shouldnt let anyone,never mind a virtual stranger have that much of a bearing on something that is for all intents and purposes,not very important at all ie,being rejected.

he only real similarities are my forwardness, so maybe that is the problem, as has already been suggested. but maybe i just don't know how to be subtle.

Not a thing wrong with confidence Missy,the important thing is to not let it over power your personality.
    :)

• Advertisement

TBH thats a deeper issue,you shouldnt let anyone,never mind a virtual stranger have that much of a bearing on something that is for all intents and purposes,not very important at all ie,being rejected.
    I know it is. it's a hard one to get over though, especially when I keep getting rejected...
    Not a thing wrong with confidence Missy,the important thing is to not let it over power your personality.
    :)

that's something i have to work out how to do.not quite sure.

I know it is. it's a hard one to get over though, especially when I keep getting rejected...

that's something i have to work out how to do.not quite sure.

You just need hugs .....:):):). HUggs.

You just need hugs .....:):):). HUggs.

I do need hugs. only 11 days and you can give one to me BumbleB. You better give some damn good hugs though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Stupidusername- I would not really consign yourself to giving up just yet. However, going out very intent on chatting up men is probably why you find yourself in such a frustrating situation. I gave up on "Oh I'm going to pull loads of girls tonight" attitude long ago. I find that if such a scenario is to happen, it will happen by its own accord. With that in mind, go out and have a good time and a man will come along.

hugs for everyone, and if anyone needs a neckrub I shall be on hand :)

edit: just to clarify, I'm a trained massage therapist, I'm not just looking to feel people up :P

• Advertisement

I'm not going to bother with my hair or make up or what I wear. none of it makes the slightest bit of difference anyway.
    You should dress well and look after your appearance for yourself. If you look good you feel good and have confidence. That's what people notice, your aura and essence. If you're wearing clothes you dont like and looking like you just rolled out of bed, you wont feel as well and confident.
    "If you think you've hit bottom, then at least you know you can only climb higher" :D Basically, dont give up...it'll happen:)

My son once asked me "are you on the way up or on the way down?"

He didn't mean anything deep by it (unless he's the next Dr Phil) but a light bulb went on in my head.

Life is like a roller-coaster, ups and downs, booms and recessions, every set of boobs have a valley, so decide which track you're on! Surround yourself with happy relatively positive people and most importantly dont let the man get you down!

Youre getting a big hug from me on he 14th stupidusername

Chin up. If I had a euro for every time I decided to give up on women forever only to end up chasing them again soon after I would be a very rich man.

However, going out very intent on chatting up men is probably why you find yourself in such a frustrating situation.
    Well I definitely wasn't intending anything, or planning to chat anyone up, so I don't think it's disappointment in that way.
    krudler wrote: »
    hugs for everyone, and if anyone needs a neckrub I shall be on hand :)
    I'll have some neck rubs please!
    You should dress well and look after your appearance for yourself. If you look good you feel good and have confidence. That's what people notice, your aura and essence. If you're wearing clothes you dont like and looking like you just rolled out of bed, you wont feel as well and confident.

Youre getting a big hug from me on he 14th stupidusername

I'll look forward to all the hugs now! yay!

I went out a few weeks ago on a Saturday night, I didn't really have much to wear, so just had on a black pair of jeans with a black top (although it was cleavagey) and it was quite plain looking. I did feel comfortable but in a mature kinda way.I thought I looked nice, but see then you see the only people getting attention are the girls in dresses and short skirts with their fake tans and blonde hair. And you just feel deflated.

I might actually end up wearing the same thing to the LL meet up so I probably shouldn't be telling you this... :)

Ah clothes schmothes. I was out with friends in a night club last week. They all wore their nice shirts etc. I wasn't aware we were clubbing so I was dressed in skate shoes, old jeans and an ill-fitting Thin Lizzy t-shirt. I was the only one who scored (well except the lad who scored his girlfriend but that doesn't count). Got way more female attention that night (I dont usually), probnably because I stood out a bit.
    Moral of teh story - go with what flows.

Ah clothes schmothes.

Good for you :)

maybe you're better looking than I am! out of curiosity did she approach you, or did you approach her?

I do need hugs. only 11 days and you can give one to me BumbleB. You better give some damn good hugs though!

I give the best hugs in leinster :).

Ah clothes schmothes. I was out with friends in a night club last week. They all wore their nice shirts etc. I wasn't aware we were clubbing so I was dressed in skate shoes, old jeans and an ill-fitting Thin Lizzy t-shirt. I was the only one who scored (well except the lad who scored his girlfriend but that doesn't count). Got way more female attention that night (I dont usually), probnably because I stood out a bit.
    Moral of teh story - go with what flows.

Every so often me and the lads have a "suiting up" night, wear our best suits, no reason whatsoever, and the amount of female attention is great, people assume you're out for some big occassion (sometimes its a birthday, most of the time its just because) and its great fun. Guess in a sea of River Island polo shirts and pink , sorry, "salmon" dress shirts we stand out..

Done that a few times too. The original plan was to pretend to eb security so we could get to the bar through crowds quicker. It actually worked!

Oh great! I'll look forward to it even more so! and none of this awkward patting on the back or pulling away shíte, I want some proper hugs, like you've known me since primary school and you're mental about me! some good n proper hugs now....alright? :D
    Every so often me and the lads have a "suiting up" night, wear our best suits, no reason whatsoever, and the amount of female attention is great, people assume you're out for some big occassion (sometimes its a birthday, most of the time its just because) and its great fun. Guess in a sea of River Island polo shirts and pink , sorry, "salmon" dress shirts we stand out..

mmmmmmmm..... yummmmmm. suits... *drools*

could we make that a deal for this meet up?? what u think guys? please!

Done that a few times too. The original plan was to pretend to eb security so we could get to the bar through crowds quicker. It actually worked!

Ha same here, especially in clubs, people assume you're a bouncer, its great :D

• Advertisement

Oh great! I'll look forward to it even more so! and none of this awkward patting on the back or pulling away shíte, I want some proper hugs, like you've known me since primary school and you're mental about me! some good n proper hugs now....alright? :D

mmmmmmmm..... yummmmmm. suits... *drools*

could we make that a deal for this meet up?? what u think guys? please!

I may bring mine just in case, could be in the mood to wear it that night, its been a while :)

I may bring mine just in case, could be in the mood to wear it that night, its been a while :)

wait this might not be a good idea, i might not be able to concentrate on conversations with people if surrounded by men in suits....

two things that automatically make any guy more attractive are 1) a nice smell, like lynx or something and 2) a suit.

mmmmmmmmm.....

People always assume I'm a bouncer.Even if I was dressed up as daffy duck/

Lynx? ewwwwwwww! Lynx is what teenagers that dont know any better wear. Jean Paul Gaultier ftw :)

Lynx? ewwwwwwww! Lynx is what teenagers that dont know any better wear. Jean Paul Gaultier ftw :)

well any nice smell. and i like lynx. can't help what I like. don't really see the point in paying silly money for these 'fragrances'. in a way I don't like my men to care too much about these things.....

you dont need any of that fancy perfume or tilet wather all you need is that ole geansai nollaig ,throw it on and youre ready for some action with the cailini ...

you dont need any of that fancy perfume or tilet wather all you need is that ole geansai nollaig ,throw it on and youre ready for some action with the cailini ...

ya nothing sexier than a big red woolly jumper on a night out... just make sure you match it with some farmer pants and brown boots.... you'll be fightin them off

well any nice smell. and i like lynx. can't help what I like. don't really see the point in paying silly money for these 'fragrances'. in a way I don't like my men to care too much about these things.....

I wear Le Male, no complaints yet :D

ya nothing sexier than a big red woolly jumper on a night out... just make sure you match it with some farmer pants and brown boots.... you'll be fightin them off

well theyre green but I can cover dem with a bit of cowmuck from de field dem dublin jackieen cailini will go mad for it !!!!!.

• Advertisement

well theyre green but I can cover dem with a bit of cowmuck from de field dem dublin jackieen cailini will go mad for it !!!!!.

I hear the "down from the moutains" look is in this summer :D

That sounds like a challenge! I give the best hugs in the whole world barr one person (not you)

Men in suits...instant hotness factor!

Met a guy one night and thought he was a bouncer, he had black trousers and a black shirt on. He was going around opening the kitchen and supplies door with that a way about him that said he was on a mission. Even the staff thought he was staff! hahaha! attached a pic of me talking to him, couldnt hear what he was saying! I was asking if he was he staff!

on another note, yes massage for me please! A male friend of mine asked me if I wanted a massage before and I said "you wish" hahaha I thought he said "thigh massage" but he really said "Thai massage" :pac: He was very confused and then I realised he wasnt coming on to me! I just said "never mind". Good job I didnt say yes or he'd have been traumatised!
    two things that automatically make any guy more attractive are 1) a nice smell, like lynx or something and 2) a suit.

mmmmmmmmm.....

I kinda disagree, either a suit or a guitar! mmm! Plus if a man smells like expensive aftershave/clean its always a bonus!

on another note, yes massage for me please! A male friend of mine asked me if I wanted a massage before and I said "you wish" hahaha I thought he said "thigh massage" but he really said "Thai massage" He was very confused and then I realised he wasnt coming on to me! I just said "never mind". Good job I didnt say yes or he'd have been traumatised!

Yeah telling people I'm trained to give massages usually gets me a look of being a perv :rolleyes: Head massages are the ones I enjoy giving the most, its a great compliment when you can make someone fall asleep on the table, they wake up feeling like a million quid. :)

I wear Le Male, no complaints yet :D

its a classic :)

Yeah telling people I'm trained to give massages usually gets me a look of being a perv :rolleyes: Head massages are the ones I enjoy giving the most, its a great compliment when you can make someone fall asleep on the table, they wake up feeling like a million quid. :)

are you trained? I've not fallen asleep in a public massage (not that Ive had many massages) but I do tend to have the piss taken out of me for making sex faces! hahaha soooooo gooood! :o

are you trained? I've not fallen asleep in a public massage (not that Ive had many massages) but I do tend to have the piss taken out of me for making sex faces! hahaha soooooo gooood! :o

I am, finished my exams there recently just waiting on my qualification to come through, wanna get into sports therapy, treating muscle tears, operation recovery etc but Swedish and Holistic massage is required so had to do a course in that first. I like doing it its really relaxing to do some of them, the feet, hands, face and head especially, depends on what I'm trying to do for the person though, if they want a stimulating one or just something to help them relax. Have no shortage of friends wanting to be guinea pigs anyway :) gonna have to start charging the feckers soon :p

• Advertisement

Every so often me and the lads have a "suiting up" night, wear our best suits, no reason whatsoever
    Could you please PLEASE invite me out next time you and your friends have this night out? :D
    I kinda disagree, either a suit or a guitar! mmm!
    My recent ex plays guitar :)
    its a great compliment when you can make someone fall asleep :)
    HAHAHA!!!

I am, finished my exams there recently just waiting on my qualification to come through, wanna get into sports therapy, treating muscle tears, operation recovery etc but Swedish and Holistic massage is required so had to do a course in that first. I like doing it its really relaxing to do some of them, the feet, hands, face and head especially, depends on what I'm trying to do for the person though, if they want a stimulating one or just something to help them relax. Have no shortage of friends wanting to be guinea pigs anyway :) gonna have to start charging the feckers soon :p

Sweet! I know a few people who did sports therapy...was never offered a massage though! It is definitely another bonus if a guy can massage, I suppose some might think it pervy if they dont believe you or there are those who just aren't into being touched.

Hugging is a form of massage though! haha

seriously though, i have lots of free time, and I've been told I've a lovely back for massaging if you're looking for some new guinea pig.... ? :D

Sweet! I know a few people who did sports therapy...was never offered a massage though! It is definitely another bonus if a guy can massage, I suppose some might think it pervy if they dont believe you or there are those who just aren't into being touched.

Hugging is a form of massage though! haha

Some people dont like getting their feet touched alright, havent had any complaints about anywhere else though.

That sounds like a challenge! I give the best hugs in the whole world barr one person (not you)

How do you know ?,I've got the best hugs in the universe :p.

I kinda disagree, either a suit or a guitar!

I bought a new guitar today !, .Cant really get my head around the guitar thing with women really .I used to have an ex who would come to every one of my practise sessions didn't really understand that.

you like guitars and suits, well here's mark rOnson

http://www.gigwise.com/photos/51893/3/Jay-Z-And-Eminem-To-Release-Unheard-Songs-On-DJ-Hero-Game

[

• Advertisement
Advertisement