Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

girls coming onto guys

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭yellowbear

I suppose i could try, but its pot luck really isnt it.

i do know where she works but it would be very stalkerish to turn up there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Ya it kinda would be. pity.if the last two digits are the same maybe you just entered it twice..? ah feck, i'm all disappointed for you!

Thanks, Im more disappointed in myself for making such a stupid mistake.

The last two digits aren't the same so there could be a wrong number in there anywhere.

I tried it without the last digit and the person text back sayin i had the wrong number!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Do you know her full name? could you send flowers to the address and on the note just explain and apologise and leave your number for her to call you?

Thanks Maguined, but i took Stupidusernames advice and started guessing which was the wrong digit and it worked after a few tries. So its all good now!

yellowbear wrote: »
    Thanks Maguined, but i took Stupidusernames advice and started guessing which was the wrong digit and it worked after a few tries. So its all good now!

:eek: no way!!! AH! brilliant! tell us all.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

One in my lifetime it happened to me.
    Gang of us classy gents in a bar in Galway once, getting nicely boozed up. I noticed a girl across the way and it seemed like she was giving my mate the "gladeye". So I pointed it out to him on the sly, then mentioned to the other lads how yer wan over there was eyeing up himself.
    So after a while she walks right up to the group of about 6 of us (we all see her making shapes towards us and kind of "huddled" together pretending we were talking about something aweful interesting, secretly leaving our mate on the fringe of the group,hehe!) and to my massive surprise, I get a tap on the shoulder and I look round and there she is, looking at me and just says "Hi, is it ok if we talk for a few minutes?"..que jaw hitting floor at the speed of a concord headed to ground to land, so I just look at me mate who nods at me as if to say "go on" and then say "yeah sure, why not". Turns out she was American, and I ended up getting a smooch after chatting for half the night, heading out to another pub then a nightclub together.
    She was a good looking girl and to be honest I didnt think I would have been her type at all, but it happened, and the confidence she showed was just sooo attractive aswell it was amazing.
    As I said, thats the one time it happened to me, I never get approached so it was a lovely lil oul confidence boost. (felt bad for the mate though, wonk wonk wonk!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

papagormo wrote: »
    One in my lifetime it happened to me.
    Gang of us classy gents in a bar in Galway once, getting nicely boozed up. I noticed a girl across the way and it seemed like she was giving my mate the "gladeye". So I pointed it out to him on the sly, then mentioned to the other lads how yer wan over there was eyeing up himself.
    So after a while she walks right up to the group of about 6 of us (we all see her making shapes towards us and kind of "huddled" together pretending we were talking about something aweful interesting, secretly leaving our mate on the fringe of the group,hehe!) and to my massive surprise, I get a tap on the shoulder and I look round and there she is, looking at me and just says "Hi, is it ok if we talk for a few minutes?"..que jaw hitting floor at the speed of a concord headed to ground to land, so I just look at me mate who nods at me as if to say "go on" and then say "yeah sure, why not". Turns out she was American, and I ended up getting a smooch after chatting for half the night, heading out to another pub then a nightclub together.
    She was a good looking girl and to be honest I didnt think I would have been her type at all, but it happened, and the confidence she showed was just sooo attractive aswell it was amazing.
    As I said, thats the one time it happened to me, I never get approached so it was a lovely lil oul confidence boost. (felt bad for the mate though, wonk wonk wonk!)

American girls have way more confidence chatting guys up though, last time I was in the states I got chatted up a few times, I was with someone at the time so it never went past more than a few lines of conversation but still, nice confidence boost as you said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

demonspawn wrote: »

Oh, and the only time I get laid is when girls approach me....so not that much.:(

Jesus i just realized im in the same boat, iv'e had 5 partners and 4 of them approached me, im such a pussy :(

• Advertisement

:eek: no way!!! AH! brilliant! tell us all.....

Ah yeah it was worth a try, even if it makes me look a bit desperate. its early days yet so there's nothing to tell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ah yeah it was worth a try, even if it makes me look a bit desperate. its early days yet so there's nothing to tell!

Fortune favours the bold mate. some women like to be chased, I'll do it to a point but theres only so much playing hard to get I can stand, after that I lose interest. Being strung along is something I cant stand.

It's not desperate! don't worry about that. if she think's you're desperate then she'll probably blow you off fairly early. If she's a decent person she'll probably give you a fair chance though. Just don't come off as too needy for the next while :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    Fortune favours the bold mate. some women like to be chased, I'll do it to a point but theres only so much playing hard to get I can stand, after that I lose interest. Being strung along is something I cant stand.

Ah well, i dont think shes like that anyway because, she was very forward, the other night, she was doing the chasing if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

It's happened to me a good few times; generally in pubs/clubs, although the last time was in McDonalds! I've found that American and German girls are a lot more confident in approaching a guy than Irish girls.

A few months ago a girl approached me in a pub, got talking to her, swapped numbers and arranged a date.. she then said that she couldn't meet me as she wasn't over her ex. Headwrecker :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

A few months ago a girl approached me in a pub, got talking to her, swapped numbers and arranged a date.. she then said that she couldn't meet me as she wasn't over her ex. Headwrecker :mad:

That's the Irish standard - think you're on to something, be it a date or whatever, and you get that BS. Happened a lot when I was younger. Especially annoying when it comes from people who approach you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Just came across this thread. Im female myself and have nice female single friends. We were wondering where the best places in town are to go? We are usually in the corner and just always assume that all guys have girlfriends...guess its not the case.

Our night used to be like this Whelens,at 8pm then Flannerys at 9pm...then maybe somewhere on Harcourt St. Ok the odd time Coppers...but it was a dreadful crowd on the weekend. Dicey's was alright (best of the bad bunch on that street).

Lately we have been trying to go to more "man" like pubs such as The Stag's Head...but we were drawn to The Westbury Cafe Nova for cocktails.

Place id normally go to is Cafe en Seine. Ok I dont really like the crowd, especially the weird men starring from the side of the dancefloor. But you can dance and thats pretty much what defines a night out with the girls.

Last place we tried was McSorelys but by midnight the place was carnage. Some men started chatting to us at 10pm...but like that by midnight they were chatting to some women who were falling all over the place.

So any advice on where the single lads go in Dublin these days? As ive lots of attractive single girlies to go out with to these places. Also, we would never go out on a work night during the week...so its alway Friday and Saturday for us. Wednesday and Thursday would be too young and student night (we only 28 but still). And prob in the gym anyway after work.

This is a great thread, i never knew what guys really thought. Id feel like a pratt going up to a guy in a bar...but Im not getting any younger and i never make eye contact with anyone...just shy away or spend night dancing on dance floor.

This thread has made me think i better get out there more in pubs and approach guys. I mean whats the worse that can happen? They have a gf?

So far my most success has been in Zaytoons. Its about the only place you get chatting to people. You know youve been out with your friends...the girls have already got their order and sit down and then your alone in the queue surrounded by lads...and for sure they start chatting. As a girl its been the best place so far...wish clubs and pubs were more like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

Excellent post(s).

I think it's refreshing to read that there are actually down to earth girls out there that don't have any intention of shooting guys down when they start talking to them. Even more so to see girls actually considering talking to guys first. It's so against what's become known as normality that it's awesome to hear.

Most of all, thank you for telling us all where a group of down to earth, attractive, single and approachable ladies are heading every Friday and Saturday :)

DA365 wrote: »
    Excellent post(s).

I think it's refreshing to read that there are actually down to earth girls out there that don't have any intention of shooting guys down when they start talking to them. Even more so to see girls actually considering talking to guys first. It's so against what's become known as normality that it's awesome to hear.

Most of all, thank you for telling us all where a group of down to earth, attractive, single and approachable ladies are heading every Friday and Saturday :)

Im actually in France at the moment as student...but next time im home in Dublin, ill find out "where" the new places my single friends are going. Id say Cafe en Seine is definitely the best place for 25 year olds and over. Its always consistent. If you can ignore the posers, you normally get a few decent girls around the edge of the dancefloor. Its free inwhich is also the bonus for going there (we used to go to Daykota all the time...id go there now, only i went there and nobody really chats to each other).

We definitely are liking Cafe Nova at the Westbury...its nice and quite and lovely cocktails (thou lots of single women and not enough men go there)

As I said we are looking for new places to go as we not that keen on Cafe en Seine...and dancing is a must. So if guys suggest decent places in Dublin, we will definitely check them out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I get approached every now & again by girls when I'm in pubs (not really a club person). I consider it a big compliment!
    I'm told by female friends that I tend to become totally oblivious to girls coming onto me after I've had a few beers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

In places like Italy and Spain the girls are alot more open with eyeing a guy up and approaching him; I think it's slowly getting that way with Irish girls now (thankfully!).
    I know there's that fear of being made to look like a fool if you're shot down in a humiliating way, but believe me, the chances of that happening are far less than with the guy doing the approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

I approached 3 guys last friday night, they were all together and I was by myself. My friend was late by over 30mins and I got chatting to them and had a few drinks with them in the meantime. When she finally arrived we stayed with them for a while and then we all parted ways. They seemed like friendly guys and they were, I didnt want to drink alone/waste time by myself when I could be meeting people.

Afterwards they said that they were quite taken aback at my confidence and effortless approach and also admitted that they got slightly worried that my friend was not going to show/was fictitious!

It was nice to just part ways after a few drinks and good chat and not exchange numbers, I know I wasnt strictly coming onto them but if they instigated a number exchange I would have gone along with it.

Thats my story, dunno if its any use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I'm been approached by girls in clubs/pubs a good few times. Mostly they just say hi or say something that sparks off a conversation. If a girl says hello to me out of the blue when i'm in a club i'm just gonna take it for granted she wants me :D
    I've not been wrong yet..well either that or i've talked them around. Anyway i like it and more girls should give it a go.
    If you're shy try just saying hello and if the guy has any cop on he'll make the effort and try and keep the conversation going.
    I find the dance floor is a good place to meet girls..A few times girls have just grabbed me on the dance floor and we have started dancing together and it's gone on from there.
    Anyway my advice to girls is just to say hello to guys you fancy :)

For those of us lucky enough to not look like a spaz whenever we're on the dancefloor. :mad:

I usually strike up conversations with girls when I'm sittin in a pub/club with the lads and a group of girls sits down next to us. Still need a bit of the auld dutch courage though, I can be pretty nervous about the whole thing. =/

Advertisement